May 15, 2012, 2:53 AM EDT
That was the play that made the difference.
Evan Turner‘s impressive scoop layup with :40 left gave the Sixers a 76-75 lead over the Celtics, a lead that they would never relinquish. (Ray Allen would miss a jumper for Boston, Turner would sink a couple free throws, then Kevin Garnett would get called for an illegal screen and it was ballgame.)
Turner has been up and down at times these playoffs (like is short NBA career), but he seems to be taking steps forward the last couple games. A lot of the Sixers have. And that has to concern Boston a little because their opponents are gaining confidence by the day.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13