May 14, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
You know you’re in trouble when a soccer player is saying you flop too much. David Stern, you listening?
Three-time USA World Cup team member and one of the great scorers in American soccer history, Eric Wynalda (current analyst for the Fox Soccer Channel) was on the Dan Patrick Show and was talking flopping. That and the amazing Man City comeback on Sunday. Watch the whole thing above, Wynalda has a great story about his father, plus he blames Vlade Divac for brining flopping to the NBA.
But here is the money quote. Courtesy CSNNChicago.com.
“It’s just as bad if not worse in Basketball, it just is,” Wynalda said. “It’s kind of like they just kind of yell out, when they get hit they’ll just yell out something. In soccer everybody just kind of yells out and points.”
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 4
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8