May 14, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
You know you’re in trouble when a soccer player is saying you flop too much. David Stern, you listening?
Three-time USA World Cup team member and one of the great scorers in American soccer history, Eric Wynalda (current analyst for the Fox Soccer Channel) was on the Dan Patrick Show and was talking flopping. That and the amazing Man City comeback on Sunday. Watch the whole thing above, Wynalda has a great story about his father, plus he blames Vlade Divac for brining flopping to the NBA.
But here is the money quote. Courtesy CSNNChicago.com.
“It’s just as bad if not worse in Basketball, it just is,” Wynalda said. “It’s kind of like they just kind of yell out, when they get hit they’ll just yell out something. In soccer everybody just kind of yells out and points.”
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 12
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 19
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona