May 14, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
You know you’re in trouble when a soccer player is saying you flop too much. David Stern, you listening?
Three-time USA World Cup team member and one of the great scorers in American soccer history, Eric Wynalda (current analyst for the Fox Soccer Channel) was on the Dan Patrick Show and was talking flopping. That and the amazing Man City comeback on Sunday. Watch the whole thing above, Wynalda has a great story about his father, plus he blames Vlade Divac for brining flopping to the NBA.
But here is the money quote. Courtesy CSNNChicago.com.
“It’s just as bad if not worse in Basketball, it just is,” Wynalda said. “It’s kind of like they just kind of yell out, when they get hit they’ll just yell out something. In soccer everybody just kind of yells out and points.”
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 0
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 3
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 27
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32