May 14, 2012, 1:05 AM EDT
Here’s another NBA postseason award we all knew was coming it was just a matter of when….
The voting should be almost a unanimous coronation for the former Duke player. He averaged 18.5 points and 5.5 assists a game, shot 39.9 percent from three, became a dangerous late game threat, and restored some hope to a Cleveland franchise that has been lacking it.
As the season wore on he pulled away from the competition for this award, although Ricky Rubio and Kenneth Faried will get some votes. This was one of the easiest choices on the ballot (and he would have gotten my vote as well)
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 22
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 18
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80