May 14, 2012, 1:05 AM EDT
Here’s another NBA postseason award we all knew was coming it was just a matter of when….
The voting should be almost a unanimous coronation for the former Duke player. He averaged 18.5 points and 5.5 assists a game, shot 39.9 percent from three, became a dangerous late game threat, and restored some hope to a Cleveland franchise that has been lacking it.
As the season wore on he pulled away from the competition for this award, although Ricky Rubio and Kenneth Faried will get some votes. This was one of the easiest choices on the ballot (and he would have gotten my vote as well)
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17