May 14, 2012, 1:05 AM EDT
Here’s another NBA postseason award we all knew was coming it was just a matter of when….
The voting should be almost a unanimous coronation for the former Duke player. He averaged 18.5 points and 5.5 assists a game, shot 39.9 percent from three, became a dangerous late game threat, and restored some hope to a Cleveland franchise that has been lacking it.
As the season wore on he pulled away from the competition for this award, although Ricky Rubio and Kenneth Faried will get some votes. This was one of the easiest choices on the ballot (and he would have gotten my vote as well)
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 4
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 14
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11