May 14, 2012, 11:30 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• How much respect does Vinny Del Negro deserve for the job he’s done coaching the Clippers this season and playoffs? Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo says more than he is getting. After a first round win I can’t see the Clippers making a change this summer, but that is different than saying he is the coach who can take this team to contender status.
• Thaddeus Young is a go for the Sixers on Monday night in Game 2 against Boston despite shin (or ankle, depending on who you ask) issues.
• The Indiana Pacers players would not discuss the foul disparity from their Game 1 loss to the Heat.
• Stephon Marbury was honored with a statue in Beijing over the weekend for leading his team to the Chinese Basketball Association title. Dennis Rodman flew out to honor him. I would love to have been at that party.
• The NBA viewership is skewing younger — that’s good for marketing. There are companies that will pay to reach a younger, multi-cultural, tech-savvy audience.
• A look at the Knicks season through New York Post covers.
• Shareef Abdur-Rahim left Cal after one season for the NBA, but he has gone back and will get his college degree on Monday. Good for him. He is currently an assistant GM with the Kings.
• A documentary on the Kings past and future in Sacramento will be released online Tuesday.
• Don Nelson got his college degree over the weekend, too. Just 50 years later than planned.
• NBA referee Bennett Salvatore is being roasted… no, not on a spit like some of you want. It’s for charity.
• You can now hire evil clowns for your child’s birthday party (via NPR).
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13