May 14, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:05 pm: Bradley returned in the second half and was playing key minutes in the fourth quarter.
8:13 pm: Celtics starting two guard Avery Bradley has been battling left shoulder dislocation issues all season including in Game 3 against the Atlanta Hawks.
It happened again in Game 2 of the Celtics and Sixers series, and Bradley had to leave the game. It happened on a play where he drove the lane and tried to go up for a layup but ran into Elton Brand.
TNT’s David Aldridge said on the broadcast they were trying to let the pain subside a little then they would try to pop the shoulder back into place. That’s about as much fun as it sounds like. When this happened against the Hawks in the first round Bradley did not return for that game but was back and ready to go next game.
Less Bradley means more Ray Allen for Boston. which comes with its own challenges as he tries to play through ankle pain. Boston leads 38-36 at the half.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 19
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 19
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2