May 14, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:05 pm: Bradley returned in the second half and was playing key minutes in the fourth quarter.
8:13 pm: Celtics starting two guard Avery Bradley has been battling left shoulder dislocation issues all season including in Game 3 against the Atlanta Hawks.
It happened again in Game 2 of the Celtics and Sixers series, and Bradley had to leave the game. It happened on a play where he drove the lane and tried to go up for a layup but ran into Elton Brand.
TNT’s David Aldridge said on the broadcast they were trying to let the pain subside a little then they would try to pop the shoulder back into place. That’s about as much fun as it sounds like. When this happened against the Hawks in the first round Bradley did not return for that game but was back and ready to go next game.
Less Bradley means more Ray Allen for Boston. which comes with its own challenges as he tries to play through ankle pain. Boston leads 38-36 at the half.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 18
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4