Bosh talks about injury, has no idea on timeline for return

May 14, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT

Chris Bosh AP

Chris Bosh was back in the Miami Heat facility on Monday, not taking part in practice for Game 2 against Indiana but showing support for his teammates and getting some rehab.

To his credit, he didn’t duck the media like most guys when injured, he went out and answered questions for five minutes. The Heat have posted the video of the interview online, here are some hightlights

How’s feeling?

“It’s sore. Sore. With all the games and then that on top of it, it’s sore. Just something I have to deal with.”

How long will he be out?

“It’s something we’re taking day by day. It’s not the worst thing that could have happened, so that was good news. We started treatment and everything, it’s a process and we’ll see how my body responds.” (He later said he’s not sure if he could be back for this series or miss the entire playoffs.)

Could he be back for this series?

“There have been so many curveballs throughout my career and really throughout this season, nothing would surprise me.”

What is the rehab for this?

“Rest. Take my vitamins. Eat good. Just do what the training staff asks me to do.”

How the injury happened.

“I was just going up for a dunk and I felt it when I went up. I exploded off my right leg and I felt it pretty much right away.”

1. liljere24 - May 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Most players duck the media like you guys duck the spell check

• Chris Fiorentino - May 14, 2012 at 7:57 PM

+1000

• sackofrice - May 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM

are you not entertained? not only is it annoying to read spelling errors but it is also annoying to read entire comments about it. theres a reason you keep coming back to this site. appreciate it. if you want to help him out and show him some errors do it. stop being a dick.

chris bosh will probably be out until the finals.

2. mungman69 - May 14, 2012 at 8:15 PM

He will be back in a week. I had the same injury (well sort of) when I was 42 and in about a week I felt much better.

• southbeachtalent - May 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Hahahaha thumbs down for a quick recovery!!

You guys are great!

• savvybynature - May 14, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Probably thumbs are down for this guy thinking that since he “had the same injury” at age 42 he can predict Bosh’s recovery time.

Muscle strains are all about severity. No two are the same. A complete tear could sideline a guy for months or a very mild strain and you could play through it.

The support for his hypothesis is dubious if not laughable.

3. allmyteamsareterrible - May 14, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Nothing would make me happier than the Heat losing in the playoffs. I mean this is like Christmas in May. I never wish any harm on any person, but I want nothing more than to hear the tampon laden scream of the garbage Heat fans as their juggernaut team is bounced from the playoffs yet again. Losing in the playoffs not 1 time, not 2 times….

Karma LeBron. Karma.

4. Gordon - May 14, 2012 at 9:10 PM

—————————————————-
    Who is this guy, Hulk Hogan?

5. southbeachtalent - May 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM

He’ll be back for the finals.

6. rodge1 - May 15, 2012 at 12:49 AM

@allmyteamsareterrible

You’re the best example of karma. Whatever you did must have been really bad to live such a sad life now.

• allmyteamsareterrible - May 15, 2012 at 7:16 AM

yes, because I want the heat to lose and thoroughly enjoyed watching them lose last year to the Mavs, I live a sad life. Can you tell me how you jumped the canyon to arrive at that conclusion?

I am a Cleveland sports fan (aka a real sports fan, one who actually roots for his team whether they are good or bad…usually bad) so of course I relish the opportunity to see the Miami Heat fail. I know I am not alone in this.

• allmyteamsareterrible - May 15, 2012 at 7:16 AM

• heat256 - May 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM

It’s kind of sad that Cleveland residents only have the “we are real sports fans” card to play. Of course you go to the sporting events there, because that’s all there is to do there! Crap city, crap weather. It’s sad the Rock N Roll HOF is there as the location pretty much means I’ll never go see it. Don’t be a hater. Come on down and enjoy some sunshine and some of the most beautiful women from all corners of the world here. Not to mention Mr James, Mr Wade and the rest of one of the most exciting teams in the NBA (along with OKC and LAC – don’t think I’m a totally blind homer) – the Miami Heat!!!

• allmyteamsareterrible - May 15, 2012 at 10:32 AM

It’s kinda sad that every Florida team has attendance issues and that their fan base plays the “it’s sunny here and beautiful you are jealous of us”. Your fandom is as fake as the people who occupy your city. I have been to Miami, I have no desire to go there again…between the heat (not the team), the humidity, and the homeless I couldn’t leave fast enough.

• heat256 - May 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Au contraire, madam. As someone who was there for the Alan Ogg, Manute Bol and Harold Miner years, I am damn entitled to crow about this team over the last few. We have an owner that cares and spends and stays the hell out of the way, unlike that braying jackass Gilbert that was pooped onto the city of CLE (how prophetic). Again, I (and many others) mock the guys like you who cling to sports “meaning” something so deep in your life that it’s a badge of honor to say you “suffer” through all the losing CLE teams experience (and it is A LOT – sad!!!) and say that because some teams aren’t always full, they are fair weather fans. So? Many people think that sports should only provide you with joy, not heartbreak. There’s enough of that in people’s everyday lives. You think I’m not acutely aware that the athletes who play sports will never really suffer like we do. They play a game. For money. For a lot of money. They will live if they don’t win a championship. So will I. Doesn’t sound like you will.

7. emaimo80 - May 15, 2012 at 5:49 AM

allmyteamsareterrible | May 14, 2012, 8:39 PM EDT

Karma LeBron. Karma.
    ———-
    The world would be a better place without such negative people like you. Hate to love or love to hate, whatever it is (after seeing your username and your feelings about the heat and their fans, it’s sounds like both) it’s not good for society. Last time I checked the heat were a pretty damn good team, and Lebron is the uncontested leagues most valuable player! allmyteamsareterrible, your name gives the fact away that you are a garbage sports fan, and a miserable person at best.

• allmyteamsareterrible - May 15, 2012 at 7:12 AM

wah.

I am a garbage sports fan? The Miami Heat had trouble selling out playoff games…the fan base is a joke. There are few fan bases as fair weather and atrocious as Miami Heat fans and I for one can’t wait to hear them crying.

You reap what you sow. It’s called Karma.

8. carpediaz - May 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Lol, you’re a Cavs fan, that says it all. Enjoy us hoisting the trophy up come championship time. GO HEAT!!

9. canehouse - May 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Love Bosh!!!!

10. jh4prez - May 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Lol! @ allmyteamsareterrible.what a loser!

11. cweb8123 - May 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM

@allmyteamsareterrible

So because you root for crap teams that makes you a real sports fan. I am from OKC and we support the Thunder and did if they were losing or winning, and just because we are winning now doesn’t make us any less “real sports fans”. Also I would never want to wish injury on any player, hopefully Bosh does make it back, I would love a Thunder vs Heat finals. Two quick athletic teams matching up for the finals would make for some great basketball.

• allmyteamsareterrible - May 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Yes, because there is so much to do in Oklahoma. You can go down to the saloon and watch some fatty on the mechanical bull, watch a tornado, or go see the Thunder. This is equivalent to a town that has a minor league baseball team….get out of here.

• iknowzeroaboutsports - May 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM

You forgot go bowling.

• allmyteamsareterrible - May 15, 2012 at 10:35 AM

sorry, bowling as well, I wouldn’t want to short change the treeless state of Oklahoma. You can also go to the rodeo and I am sure they put on one hell of a fair if you want to buy some pigs or live stock or rhinestone cowboy shirts with tassels.

12. reddolfan66 - May 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Talking about attendance issues the Cleveland Indians were dead last in attendance last year the Cleveland Brown at 19 out of 32 teams and the Cleavland Cavaliers were at number 18 so you tell me who’s got the attendance issue loser, lebron James will win a championship before any of your teams will !!!

• duane888 - May 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM

What’s really funny was their baseball team was so bad, hollywood made a movie out of it (Major League, in case anyone forgot). hah.

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches