May 14, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
Chris Bosh was back in the Miami Heat facility on Monday, not taking part in practice for Game 2 against Indiana but showing support for his teammates and getting some rehab.
To his credit, he didn’t duck the media like most guys when injured, he went out and answered questions for five minutes. The Heat have posted the video of the interview online, here are some hightlights
“It’s sore. Sore. With all the games and then that on top of it, it’s sore. Just something I have to deal with.”
How long will he be out?
“It’s something we’re taking day by day. It’s not the worst thing that could have happened, so that was good news. We started treatment and everything, it’s a process and we’ll see how my body responds.” (He later said he’s not sure if he could be back for this series or miss the entire playoffs.)
Could he be back for this series?
“There have been so many curveballs throughout my career and really throughout this season, nothing would surprise me.”
What is the rehab for this?
“Rest. Take my vitamins. Eat good. Just do what the training staff asks me to do.”
How the injury happened.
“I was just going up for a dunk and I felt it when I went up. I exploded off my right leg and I felt it pretty much right away.”
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50