May 14, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
Chris Bosh was back in the Miami Heat facility on Monday, not taking part in practice for Game 2 against Indiana but showing support for his teammates and getting some rehab.
To his credit, he didn’t duck the media like most guys when injured, he went out and answered questions for five minutes. The Heat have posted the video of the interview online, here are some hightlights
“It’s sore. Sore. With all the games and then that on top of it, it’s sore. Just something I have to deal with.”
How long will he be out?
“It’s something we’re taking day by day. It’s not the worst thing that could have happened, so that was good news. We started treatment and everything, it’s a process and we’ll see how my body responds.” (He later said he’s not sure if he could be back for this series or miss the entire playoffs.)
Could he be back for this series?
“There have been so many curveballs throughout my career and really throughout this season, nothing would surprise me.”
What is the rehab for this?
“Rest. Take my vitamins. Eat good. Just do what the training staff asks me to do.”
How the injury happened.
“I was just going up for a dunk and I felt it when I went up. I exploded off my right leg and I felt it pretty much right away.”
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37