May 12, 2012, 8:59 PM EDT
As we told you was coming, LeBron James officially became the winner of the NBA MVP for the third time, the official announcement came down on Saturday. What you see above are some highlights of his acceptance speech.
James said he was nervous and then went on to thank his mother, Gloria, for all she has done for him.
And his last line is for all you who read this far and said “it doesn’t matter until he wins a ring.”
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 2
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8