May 12, 2012, 8:59 PM EST
As we told you was coming, LeBron James officially became the winner of the NBA MVP for the third time, the official announcement came down on Saturday. What you see above are some highlights of his acceptance speech.
James said he was nervous and then went on to thank his mother, Gloria, for all she has done for him.
And his last line is for all you who read this far and said “it doesn’t matter until he wins a ring.”
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6