May 11, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
That’s about as exciting an ending of a game as you are going to see.
It started when rather than try to run out the clock and try to draw the foul himself with 7 seconds left, C.J. Watson (an 80.8 percent free throw shooter) passed the ball to Omer Asik, who tried to score and was fouled wisely by Spencer Hawes. Becuase Asik is a 45.6 precent free throw shooter. The Bulls players are right, it’s not Asik’s fault.
But when he misses his second free throw Andre Iguodala does the right thing — grab the rebound, push it up and keep going until somebody defends you. By the time they did it was too late, Iggy drew the foul and then sank the free throw.
Good for Philadelphia. And good for their fans who got to see their team advance in the most dramatic way possible.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 25
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20