May 11, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
That’s about as exciting an ending of a game as you are going to see.
It started when rather than try to run out the clock and try to draw the foul himself with 7 seconds left, C.J. Watson (an 80.8 percent free throw shooter) passed the ball to Omer Asik, who tried to score and was fouled wisely by Spencer Hawes. Becuase Asik is a 45.6 precent free throw shooter. The Bulls players are right, it’s not Asik’s fault.
But when he misses his second free throw Andre Iguodala does the right thing — grab the rebound, push it up and keep going until somebody defends you. By the time they did it was too late, Iggy drew the foul and then sank the free throw.
Good for Philadelphia. And good for their fans who got to see their team advance in the most dramatic way possible.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28