May 11, 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
That’s about as exciting an ending of a game as you are going to see.
It started when rather than try to run out the clock and try to draw the foul himself with 7 seconds left, C.J. Watson (an 80.8 percent free throw shooter) passed the ball to Omer Asik, who tried to score and was fouled wisely by Spencer Hawes. Becuase Asik is a 45.6 precent free throw shooter. The Bulls players are right, it’s not Asik’s fault.
But when he misses his second free throw Andre Iguodala does the right thing — grab the rebound, push it up and keep going until somebody defends you. By the time they did it was too late, Iggy drew the foul and then sank the free throw.
Good for Philadelphia. And good for their fans who got to see their team advance in the most dramatic way possible.
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 12
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 64
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 31
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 44
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33