May 11, 2012, 7:55 AM EST
That’s about as exciting an ending of a game as you are going to see.
It started when rather than try to run out the clock and try to draw the foul himself with 7 seconds left, C.J. Watson (an 80.8 percent free throw shooter) passed the ball to Omer Asik, who tried to score and was fouled wisely by Spencer Hawes. Becuase Asik is a 45.6 precent free throw shooter. The Bulls players are right, it’s not Asik’s fault.
But when he misses his second free throw Andre Iguodala does the right thing — grab the rebound, push it up and keep going until somebody defends you. By the time they did it was too late, Iggy drew the foul and then sank the free throw.
Good for Philadelphia. And good for their fans who got to see their team advance in the most dramatic way possible.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 1
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)