May 11, 2012, 7:55 AM EST
That’s about as exciting an ending of a game as you are going to see.
It started when rather than try to run out the clock and try to draw the foul himself with 7 seconds left, C.J. Watson (an 80.8 percent free throw shooter) passed the ball to Omer Asik, who tried to score and was fouled wisely by Spencer Hawes. Becuase Asik is a 45.6 precent free throw shooter. The Bulls players are right, it’s not Asik’s fault.
But when he misses his second free throw Andre Iguodala does the right thing — grab the rebound, push it up and keep going until somebody defends you. By the time they did it was too late, Iggy drew the foul and then sank the free throw.
Good for Philadelphia. And good for their fans who got to see their team advance in the most dramatic way possible.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30