May 11, 2012, 8:58 AM EDT
Kevin Garnett is Kevin Garnett — he was going to be fired up for Game 6 no matter what.
But comments by the Hawks owner that KG is the dirtiest player in the league was just fuel for the Boston big man, who came out and dropped 28 on the Hawks to lead the Celtics to a series win. Garnett “thanks” the Hawks owner and talks about the dirty play reputation. Not surprisingly, KG doesn’t think the Celtics cross the line. Of course not.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 15
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 18
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9