May 11, 2012, 8:58 AM EST
Kevin Garnett is Kevin Garnett — he was going to be fired up for Game 6 no matter what.
But comments by the Hawks owner that KG is the dirtiest player in the league was just fuel for the Boston big man, who came out and dropped 28 on the Hawks to lead the Celtics to a series win. Garnett “thanks” the Hawks owner and talks about the dirty play reputation. Not surprisingly, KG doesn’t think the Celtics cross the line. Of course not.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 5
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 10
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30