May 11, 2012, 8:58 AM EDT
Kevin Garnett is Kevin Garnett — he was going to be fired up for Game 6 no matter what.
But comments by the Hawks owner that KG is the dirtiest player in the league was just fuel for the Boston big man, who came out and dropped 28 on the Hawks to lead the Celtics to a series win. Garnett “thanks” the Hawks owner and talks about the dirty play reputation. Not surprisingly, KG doesn’t think the Celtics cross the line. Of course not.
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 40
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10