May 11, 2012, 8:58 AM EDT
Kevin Garnett is Kevin Garnett — he was going to be fired up for Game 6 no matter what.
But comments by the Hawks owner that KG is the dirtiest player in the league was just fuel for the Boston big man, who came out and dropped 28 on the Hawks to lead the Celtics to a series win. Garnett “thanks” the Hawks owner and talks about the dirty play reputation. Not surprisingly, KG doesn’t think the Celtics cross the line. Of course not.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 18
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24