May 11, 2012, 8:58 AM EST
Kevin Garnett is Kevin Garnett — he was going to be fired up for Game 6 no matter what.
But comments by the Hawks owner that KG is the dirtiest player in the league was just fuel for the Boston big man, who came out and dropped 28 on the Hawks to lead the Celtics to a series win. Garnett “thanks” the Hawks owner and talks about the dirty play reputation. Not surprisingly, KG doesn’t think the Celtics cross the line. Of course not.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 15
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 9
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8