May 11, 2012, 2:03 PM EST
“I thought I played well, especially with the kind of season it was. We had the best record again in basketball, won our division again, had the top seed again, that’s all that matters, yo.”
Wow. I’d like to think he was joking, but…
We all get why the Bulls lost this series, and while Boozer was not there in Game 6 in the big picture that is not why they fell short in the first round. No Derrick Rose, then no Joakim Noah — you take the two All-Stars off any team and they struggle. But the attitude in that quote is why people pile on Boozer.
And it’s also the “yo” that really makes it.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 3
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11