May 11, 2012, 11:35 AM EST
Griffin had an MRI on his sprained left knee but it found no structural damage, tweeted Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLA.com. That’s good news for the Clippers as it is the same knee where surgery caused him to sit out a year after the draft.
Chris Paul suffered a strained groin (they are officially call it a hip flexor) and he also will test it out before the game and see if he can go.
Again, I’d be shocked if both are not suited up and in the starting lineup.
But if they are slowed by these injuries and cannot perform at their best — remember CP3 sizing up his defender in the fourth quarter of Game 5 then passing off because he hurt to much to make a move? — then it could impact the outcome of the game. And for the Clippers this needs to be their Game 7 because having to go back and win the actual Game 7 in Memphis will be a very tall order.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 11
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 29
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 44
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31