May 11, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Griffin had an MRI on his sprained left knee but it found no structural damage, tweeted Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLA.com. That’s good news for the Clippers as it is the same knee where surgery caused him to sit out a year after the draft.
Chris Paul suffered a strained groin (they are officially call it a hip flexor) and he also will test it out before the game and see if he can go.
Again, I’d be shocked if both are not suited up and in the starting lineup.
But if they are slowed by these injuries and cannot perform at their best — remember CP3 sizing up his defender in the fourth quarter of Game 5 then passing off because he hurt to much to make a move? — then it could impact the outcome of the game. And for the Clippers this needs to be their Game 7 because having to go back and win the actual Game 7 in Memphis will be a very tall order.
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 2
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54