May 11, 2012, 11:35 AM EST
Griffin had an MRI on his sprained left knee but it found no structural damage, tweeted Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLA.com. That’s good news for the Clippers as it is the same knee where surgery caused him to sit out a year after the draft.
Chris Paul suffered a strained groin (they are officially call it a hip flexor) and he also will test it out before the game and see if he can go.
Again, I’d be shocked if both are not suited up and in the starting lineup.
But if they are slowed by these injuries and cannot perform at their best — remember CP3 sizing up his defender in the fourth quarter of Game 5 then passing off because he hurt to much to make a move? — then it could impact the outcome of the game. And for the Clippers this needs to be their Game 7 because having to go back and win the actual Game 7 in Memphis will be a very tall order.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6