May 11, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Griffin had an MRI on his sprained left knee but it found no structural damage, tweeted Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLA.com. That’s good news for the Clippers as it is the same knee where surgery caused him to sit out a year after the draft.
Chris Paul suffered a strained groin (they are officially call it a hip flexor) and he also will test it out before the game and see if he can go.
Again, I’d be shocked if both are not suited up and in the starting lineup.
But if they are slowed by these injuries and cannot perform at their best — remember CP3 sizing up his defender in the fourth quarter of Game 5 then passing off because he hurt to much to make a move? — then it could impact the outcome of the game. And for the Clippers this needs to be their Game 7 because having to go back and win the actual Game 7 in Memphis will be a very tall order.
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 3
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 10
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43