May 11, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Griffin had an MRI on his sprained left knee but it found no structural damage, tweeted Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLA.com. That’s good news for the Clippers as it is the same knee where surgery caused him to sit out a year after the draft.
Chris Paul suffered a strained groin (they are officially call it a hip flexor) and he also will test it out before the game and see if he can go.
Again, I’d be shocked if both are not suited up and in the starting lineup.
But if they are slowed by these injuries and cannot perform at their best — remember CP3 sizing up his defender in the fourth quarter of Game 5 then passing off because he hurt to much to make a move? — then it could impact the outcome of the game. And for the Clippers this needs to be their Game 7 because having to go back and win the actual Game 7 in Memphis will be a very tall order.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13