May 11, 2012, 1:48 PM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• There is a report that Ricky Rubio has signed a shoe deal with adidas, which if true would be a coup for the shoe company. It would give Adidas a real international hoop presence to go with Derrick Rose (and to a lesser degree Dwight Howard). This report is coming out of the site tubasket.com in Spain and with no details as to length or money, so I’m a bit skeptical, but it would not be a shock. (Hat tip to minnesporta.com for the link.)
• The Thunder’s in arena PA announcer has been arrested for lewd acts with children, which if true are just vile. Needless to say he is not working the playoffs anymore.
• How bad does Mike Woodson apparently want the Knicks coaching job? He is switching agents to one owner James Dolan likes.
• John Wall wants to be the guy to change things around in Washington. I’ll paraphrase Gandhi here: John, be the change you want to see in the Wizards.
• Or, John Wall can talk to his twitter buddy Arron Rogers about what it takes to win.
• Pacers coach Frank Vogel talking playoffs.
• Along those lines, the Pacers players don’t see themselves as underdogs.
• Golden State has settled a couple of sexual harassment lawsuits filed against the franchise.
• Baron Davis had his knee surgery Thursday.
• The Mayor of Columbus, Ohio, is making a pitch to the NBA to bring a team to his city. Must be an election year.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18