May 11, 2012, 8:05 PM EDT
They will be out there, how effective they are remains to be seen.
However, he said he would monitor both and might limit their minutes depending on how they are moving and performing in the game. When pressed if he might use CP3 more off the ball, as he did in the fourth quarter of Game 5 after Paul was injured, Del Negro said it was possible but would depend on how he performs.
You can expect the Grizzlies to attack and go right at Griffin and Paul early on offense.
Griffin sprained his left knee when his feet got tangled with Marc Gasol in the third, quarter of Game 5 and he landed awkwardly. An MRI found no structural damage.
Chris Paul seemed to strain a groin muscle, but the Clippers have called it a hip flexor.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36