May 10, 2012, 12:19 PM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Notice on that same play, Stoudemire fouled out by running over Shane Battier. After the call Stoudemire walks over the prone Battier, extends his hand to help his opponent up, then just pulls it away and walks off.
• A look at which teams are getting the most free throws attempts per possession in the playoffs — or, who is getting the calls. Memphis tops the list with the Heat second, the Hawks and Bulls are on the bottom. What can you take away from this? The teams that pound the ball inside and attack the rim get the calls, the teams that settles for jumpers do not. Same as it ever was.
• The NBA is launching official Pinterest and Tumblr accounts during the playoffs. Got to say that the NBA gets social media.
• Don Nelson, the 71-year-old Hall of Fame coach, will get his college degree this week. And I thought it took me a long time to graduate.
• Coach Scott Brooks is looking for ways to keep the Thunder from getting bored while waiting for the next round. I sense a Fruit Ninja contest coming….
• Dan Gilbert thinks his Cavaliers can make the playoffs next season. Stop laughing, he means it.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14