May 10, 2012, 2:55 PM EDT
Kobe did not take part in the Lakers’ shootaround in Denver on Thursday and might not play in a crucial Game 6 because of gastroenteritis, the team announced. Bryant is a game-time decision and will be re-evaluated by the team medical staff after a day of rest and treatment.
Gastroenteritis is what you or I would call a stomach virus or stomach flu (even though it’s not actually related to the flu virus). We’ve all been there — vomiting, diarrhea, the inability to keep food down and feeling very tired. All of which are not conducive to good basketball.
Kobe is averaging 31.2 points a game this series along with 5.8 rebounds and 4.6 assists. Without him the Lakers lack a real threat on the perimeter and Denver would do more of what it did last game — collapse in the paint, double-team Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol, and dare anyone else on the Lakers to beat them. The Lakers were already going to need their role players to step up in this game. If Kobe cannot go or is slowed that need grows exponentially.
May 26, 2015, 10:20 AM EDT
May 26, 2015, 9:42 AM EDT
Not the most reliable report. Not the least reliable report.
May 26, 2015, 9:07 AM EDT
Referee falls during Rockets-Warriors
May 26, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
That’s three out of four games this series Harden has been fantastic.
May 26, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Based on that Al Horford precedent, Dwight Howard should have gotten a Flagrant 2 and ejected.
May 26, 2015, 2:29 AM EDT
In the four Rockets’ elimination games this season, Smith has 63 points on 22-of-34 shooting (64.7 percent).
May 25, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
MVP runner-up shines while MVP misses substantial portion of Houston’s Game 4 win
May 25, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
He was not ejected.
May 25, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
It’s a sign Thomas may be around for a little bit.
May 25, 2015, 10:21 PM EDT
It didn’t count.
May 25, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Scary moment in Houston.
May 25, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
What do they know?
May 25, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
The league had been exploring moving Game 1 up to June 2.
May 25, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Horford was ejected from Game 3.
May 25, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Cavaliers star says he will research case further before saying more
May 25, 2015, 2:59 PM EDT
Doc Rivers decided to offer his mid-level exception money last summer to Spencer Hawes instead of Pierce. He’d like that one over.
May 25, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Expect a resilient Rockets team on Monday night.
May 25, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Cavaliers center shakes it off
May 25, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
It probably won’t happen, but…
May 25, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Cavaliers guard disagrees
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 5
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31