May 10, 2012, 9:57 PM EDT
But of course he is playing in Game 6. What did you expect?
Here is the pregame quote from Mike Brown, via ESPNLA.com:
“Obviously we’ll watch it the best we can, but (Lakers trainer) Gary Vitti said there isn’t a minutes restriction or anything like that,” Lakers coach Mike Brown said before the game.
Kobe could keep down fluids and was going to get an IV before the game.
We’ll see how Kobe can play, but if he is slowed and it forces the Lakers to pound the ball inside to Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol more, that’s just good for the Lakers. That’s how they beat Denver. For the Nuggets, they still just want to run and wear Kobe and the Lakers down.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 12
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8