May 10, 2012, 9:57 PM EDT
But of course he is playing in Game 6. What did you expect?
Here is the pregame quote from Mike Brown, via ESPNLA.com:
“Obviously we’ll watch it the best we can, but (Lakers trainer) Gary Vitti said there isn’t a minutes restriction or anything like that,” Lakers coach Mike Brown said before the game.
Kobe could keep down fluids and was going to get an IV before the game.
We’ll see how Kobe can play, but if he is slowed and it forces the Lakers to pound the ball inside to Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol more, that’s just good for the Lakers. That’s how they beat Denver. For the Nuggets, they still just want to run and wear Kobe and the Lakers down.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 1
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 3
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 7
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 5
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 82
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20