May 9, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
What an ending.
Boston was down one point with 10 seconds to go, all Atlanta had to do was get the ball in, hit their free throws and get out with a win. But Rajon Rondo steals an inbounds pass, then since they don’t have any timeouts, Boston goes directly into a play. Kevin Garnett comes out to set the high pick, it works the Hawks switch so Rondo is now covered by Al Horford… but it doesn’t go as planned. Hawks win.
Boston now heads home for a game Thursday night up 3-2 in the series.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14