May 9, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
What an ending.
Boston was down one point with 10 seconds to go, all Atlanta had to do was get the ball in, hit their free throws and get out with a win. But Rajon Rondo steals an inbounds pass, then since they don’t have any timeouts, Boston goes directly into a play. Kevin Garnett comes out to set the high pick, it works the Hawks switch so Rondo is now covered by Al Horford… but it doesn’t go as planned. Hawks win.
Boston now heads home for a game Thursday night up 3-2 in the series.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 41
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11