May 9, 2012, 8:05 AM EST
What an ending.
Boston was down one point with 10 seconds to go, all Atlanta had to do was get the ball in, hit their free throws and get out with a win. But Rajon Rondo steals an inbounds pass, then since they don’t have any timeouts, Boston goes directly into a play. Kevin Garnett comes out to set the high pick, it works the Hawks switch so Rondo is now covered by Al Horford… but it doesn’t go as planned. Hawks win.
Boston now heads home for a game Thursday night up 3-2 in the series.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0