May 9, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
What an ending.
Boston was down one point with 10 seconds to go, all Atlanta had to do was get the ball in, hit their free throws and get out with a win. But Rajon Rondo steals an inbounds pass, then since they don’t have any timeouts, Boston goes directly into a play. Kevin Garnett comes out to set the high pick, it works the Hawks switch so Rondo is now covered by Al Horford… but it doesn’t go as planned. Hawks win.
Boston now heads home for a game Thursday night up 3-2 in the series.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2