May 9, 2012, 4:01 PM EST
The Orlando Magic have a general manager, Otis Smith, but his hold on the position is as firm as Gary Busey’s hold on reality.
Sources say Orlando Magic have interviewed Adonal Foyle, Director of Player Development, for General Manager position.
JJ Redick: “I’ve been told there will be clarity with management in the next few weeks.” Obviously referring to SVG and Otis Smith.
The denials will be coming out of Orlando soon, but undoubtedly they are moving quickly to clear things up. And it looks like they are moving toward making changes.
That’s all a step toward showing Dwight Howard that changes are coming and he will be happy there long term. Foyle is a former player who Howard may relate better to. But it doesn’t change the fact the Magic need to get Howard to say he will sign an extension or say he wants out — they don’t want another season like the last one. If Howard isn’t going to re-sign, they have totrade him and not keep him around to the deadline and let that circus come back to town.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9