May 9, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
The Orlando Magic have a general manager, Otis Smith, but his hold on the position is as firm as Gary Busey’s hold on reality.
Sources say Orlando Magic have interviewed Adonal Foyle, Director of Player Development, for General Manager position.
JJ Redick: “I’ve been told there will be clarity with management in the next few weeks.” Obviously referring to SVG and Otis Smith.
The denials will be coming out of Orlando soon, but undoubtedly they are moving quickly to clear things up. And it looks like they are moving toward making changes.
That’s all a step toward showing Dwight Howard that changes are coming and he will be happy there long term. Foyle is a former player who Howard may relate better to. But it doesn’t change the fact the Magic need to get Howard to say he will sign an extension or say he wants out — they don’t want another season like the last one. If Howard isn’t going to re-sign, they have totrade him and not keep him around to the deadline and let that circus come back to town.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37