May 9, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
The Orlando Magic have a general manager, Otis Smith, but his hold on the position is as firm as Gary Busey’s hold on reality.
Sources say Orlando Magic have interviewed Adonal Foyle, Director of Player Development, for General Manager position.
JJ Redick: “I’ve been told there will be clarity with management in the next few weeks.” Obviously referring to SVG and Otis Smith.
The denials will be coming out of Orlando soon, but undoubtedly they are moving quickly to clear things up. And it looks like they are moving toward making changes.
That’s all a step toward showing Dwight Howard that changes are coming and he will be happy there long term. Foyle is a former player who Howard may relate better to. But it doesn’t change the fact the Magic need to get Howard to say he will sign an extension or say he wants out — they don’t want another season like the last one. If Howard isn’t going to re-sign, they have totrade him and not keep him around to the deadline and let that circus come back to town.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30