May 8, 2012, 12:08 AM EDT
Metta World Peace went on the Conan O’Brien Show Monday night, his first sit down interview since his seven game suspension for the elbow to the head of James Harden on the second to last game of the regular season.
World Peace said he had not contacted Harden yet because the two could — actually, almost certainly will at this point — meet in the next round and he wants to maintain the edge between them, but he did reach out to second parties to see if Harden was okay. Also, he danced around what he thought about the punishment, instead expressing former players not criticizing him.
If the Lakers close out the Nuggets Tuesday, World Peace would return for Game 2 of the Lakers series against the Thunder.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 0
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 6
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33