May 8, 2012, 12:08 AM EST
Metta World Peace went on the Conan O’Brien Show Monday night, his first sit down interview since his seven game suspension for the elbow to the head of James Harden on the second to last game of the regular season.
World Peace said he had not contacted Harden yet because the two could — actually, almost certainly will at this point — meet in the next round and he wants to maintain the edge between them, but he did reach out to second parties to see if Harden was okay. Also, he danced around what he thought about the punishment, instead expressing former players not criticizing him.
If the Lakers close out the Nuggets Tuesday, World Peace would return for Game 2 of the Lakers series against the Thunder.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 10
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 23
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 13
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15