May 8, 2012, 5:14 PM EDT
From HoopsWorld’s Alex Kennedy:
Jamal Crawford will opt-out this summer, source confirms. He’ll be an unrestricted free agent. Wolves, Nets, Suns among potential suitors.
Crawford, the 2010 6th Man of the Year and the NBA’s all-time leader in four-point plays, is a combo guard who can get hot at any time and pour in points at the drop of a hat, although he’s never been a great passer or the most efficient scorer in the world. Last season, the 32-year old Michigan product scored 14 points per game on 38.4% shooting from the field and a disappointing 30.8% from beyond the arc.
The Blazers would pay Crawford 5.2 million dollars next season if he doesn’t opt out of his contract, but the rebuilding Blazers have little use for a veteran scorer like Crawford, who clearly believes he can get more money on the open market. Teams are always willing to pay for scoring, and Crawford can certainly light up the scoreboard, so he’ll probably end up snagging a nice payday this summer if he does indeed decided to opt out.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona