May 7, 2012, 7:45 PM EST
It is one of the iconic moments we remember of Michael Jordan — his game-winning playoff shot to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers, where he is fading left but is able to hang in the air until Craig Ehlo slides past. He buried the hero shot under pressure. He leaps in the air and we all have a memory (and Nike has a commercial).
What’s amazing is we think of this as part of Jordan’s legacy, but the Bulls had not won a title when this happened and wouldn’t for a couple of years. The Pistons were the best team in the East and Jordan was hearing about how he was great in the regular season but couldn’t close it out in the biggest games on the biggest stages. Amazing how legacies change.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11