May 7, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
It is one of the iconic moments we remember of Michael Jordan — his game-winning playoff shot to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers, where he is fading left but is able to hang in the air until Craig Ehlo slides past. He buried the hero shot under pressure. He leaps in the air and we all have a memory (and Nike has a commercial).
What’s amazing is we think of this as part of Jordan’s legacy, but the Bulls had not won a title when this happened and wouldn’t for a couple of years. The Pistons were the best team in the East and Jordan was hearing about how he was great in the regular season but couldn’t close it out in the biggest games on the biggest stages. Amazing how legacies change.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 30
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 31
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23