May 7, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
It is one of the iconic moments we remember of Michael Jordan — his game-winning playoff shot to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers, where he is fading left but is able to hang in the air until Craig Ehlo slides past. He buried the hero shot under pressure. He leaps in the air and we all have a memory (and Nike has a commercial).
What’s amazing is we think of this as part of Jordan’s legacy, but the Bulls had not won a title when this happened and wouldn’t for a couple of years. The Pistons were the best team in the East and Jordan was hearing about how he was great in the regular season but couldn’t close it out in the biggest games on the biggest stages. Amazing how legacies change.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32