May 7, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
It is one of the iconic moments we remember of Michael Jordan — his game-winning playoff shot to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers, where he is fading left but is able to hang in the air until Craig Ehlo slides past. He buried the hero shot under pressure. He leaps in the air and we all have a memory (and Nike has a commercial).
What’s amazing is we think of this as part of Jordan’s legacy, but the Bulls had not won a title when this happened and wouldn’t for a couple of years. The Pistons were the best team in the East and Jordan was hearing about how he was great in the regular season but couldn’t close it out in the biggest games on the biggest stages. Amazing how legacies change.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 12
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 22
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 20
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27