May 7, 2012, 11:48 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• I did not see it live, but it did not sound to me like Charles Barkley used a gay slur Sunday night during the pregame to the Celtics. That idea blew up on twitter at the time. The USA Today has the video (below) and it sounds to me like he said “fan,” which is what the people from TNT claimed he said.
• Apparently the woman who ran on to the court during the Lakers/Nuggets game was Keynon Martin’s old stalker. If so, she is really not good at stalking.
• The NBA’s “BIG” marketing campaign has been hit and miss, but the new Celtics playoff spot below is a hit for me.
• This is a fantastic read on your favorite referee, Joey Crawford.
• While we’re talking about things I liked reading this weekend, this New Yorker tribute to MCA is up there. RIP.
• Is Rajon Rondo the main thing between the Heat and a return to the NBA finals? Pretty much.
• Dallas GM Donnie Nelson says he would like to bring Jason Terry back. I think the price to do that is the real issue here.
• Evan Turner has started to look more like the No. 2 overall pick in the playoffs. He’s figuring out how to fit his game into the NBA.
• Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was at the Celtics game Sunday. Good for the former Massachusetts governor, but he’s still not carrying that state come November.
• Bucks owner Herb Kohl also is talking about getting a new arena built in Milwaukee.
• Bulls Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations John Paxson is having surgery to deal with a heart arrhythmia. We wish him the best, he is in our thoughts.
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 0
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 30
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 8