May 7, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
Lin has been working out, but when coach Mike Woodson spoke with reporters Monday it didn’t sound like Lin would play, but since his other option is Bibby Woodson was looking for a workaround. Here are the tweets out of that conference call from Howard Beck at the New York Times.
Woodson: “I’m not counting on Jeremy Lin to play.”
Summing up Woodson conf call: Bibby will start. Douglas might play. Jeremy Lin sounding very unlikely. Could use a lot of Melo/JR at point
Carmelo Anthony at the point… Woodson was on the bench when Mike D’Antoni tried that, right? Then again, Anthony might try hard for Woodson.
Woodson doesn’t have a lot of options so Smith and ‘Melo controlling the flow of play are really his only good options.
If the Knicks had been healthy this series — Iman Shumpert, Amare Stoudemire, Jeremy Lin and now Baron Davis — the games would have been a lot more competitive. The series outcome would not have changed, but it would have been more interesting.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 10
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 51
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10