May 7, 2012, 12:06 PM EST
Lin has been working out, but when coach Mike Woodson spoke with reporters Monday it didn’t sound like Lin would play, but since his other option is Bibby Woodson was looking for a workaround. Here are the tweets out of that conference call from Howard Beck at the New York Times.
Woodson: “I’m not counting on Jeremy Lin to play.”
Summing up Woodson conf call: Bibby will start. Douglas might play. Jeremy Lin sounding very unlikely. Could use a lot of Melo/JR at point
Carmelo Anthony at the point… Woodson was on the bench when Mike D’Antoni tried that, right? Then again, Anthony might try hard for Woodson.
Woodson doesn’t have a lot of options so Smith and ‘Melo controlling the flow of play are really his only good options.
If the Knicks had been healthy this series — Iman Shumpert, Amare Stoudemire, Jeremy Lin and now Baron Davis — the games would have been a lot more competitive. The series outcome would not have changed, but it would have been more interesting.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 8
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 12
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16