May 5, 2012, 3:12 PM EST
Losing a few games in the NBA Playoffs can lead to one’s mind becoming a bit restless as he tries to figure out how to right the wrongs. Dallas Mavericks guard Jason Terry may have taken this to the extremes, however, as he tries to ensure the defending champions aren’t swept Saturday night by the Oklahama City Thunder.
The Mavericks will be playing for their playoff lives when Game 4 tips off Saturday night in Dallas at 7:30 p.m. on TNT. It isn’t a situation most would figure last year’s title-winners would be in — at least not in the first round — but Terry has undergone some simple steps to get Dallas back on track. Dwain Price of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram brings us the news via Twitter.
“I broke every broom in the house. That’s a little superstition, so I don’t think there will be any sweeps going on.”
“We’re going to try the black suit thing – the funeral. And we just hope it’s not ours.”
Considering nothing else has worked against Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the rest of the Thunder, breaking household cleaning supplies and wearing darker suits than normal to the game might be all that was left for the Mavericks to do. If the Knicks lose this afternoon, there’s no doubt the media will be wondering why they didn’t try the same thing, probably.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13