May 5, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
Losing a few games in the NBA Playoffs can lead to one’s mind becoming a bit restless as he tries to figure out how to right the wrongs. Dallas Mavericks guard Jason Terry may have taken this to the extremes, however, as he tries to ensure the defending champions aren’t swept Saturday night by the Oklahama City Thunder.
The Mavericks will be playing for their playoff lives when Game 4 tips off Saturday night in Dallas at 7:30 p.m. on TNT. It isn’t a situation most would figure last year’s title-winners would be in — at least not in the first round — but Terry has undergone some simple steps to get Dallas back on track. Dwain Price of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram brings us the news via Twitter.
“I broke every broom in the house. That’s a little superstition, so I don’t think there will be any sweeps going on.”
“We’re going to try the black suit thing – the funeral. And we just hope it’s not ours.”
Considering nothing else has worked against Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the rest of the Thunder, breaking household cleaning supplies and wearing darker suits than normal to the game might be all that was left for the Mavericks to do. If the Knicks lose this afternoon, there’s no doubt the media will be wondering why they didn’t try the same thing, probably.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 0
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 10
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights