May 5, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
Losing a few games in the NBA Playoffs can lead to one’s mind becoming a bit restless as he tries to figure out how to right the wrongs. Dallas Mavericks guard Jason Terry may have taken this to the extremes, however, as he tries to ensure the defending champions aren’t swept Saturday night by the Oklahama City Thunder.
The Mavericks will be playing for their playoff lives when Game 4 tips off Saturday night in Dallas at 7:30 p.m. on TNT. It isn’t a situation most would figure last year’s title-winners would be in — at least not in the first round — but Terry has undergone some simple steps to get Dallas back on track. Dwain Price of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram brings us the news via Twitter.
“I broke every broom in the house. That’s a little superstition, so I don’t think there will be any sweeps going on.”
“We’re going to try the black suit thing – the funeral. And we just hope it’s not ours.”
Considering nothing else has worked against Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and the rest of the Thunder, breaking household cleaning supplies and wearing darker suits than normal to the game might be all that was left for the Mavericks to do. If the Knicks lose this afternoon, there’s no doubt the media will be wondering why they didn’t try the same thing, probably.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4