May 5, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
Butler playing could be a big swing for the Clippers. They’ve shot the ball extremely well in this series, over 50% in both games, but eventually they’re going to have a little regression to the mean. Butler can alleviate that, if the hand doesn’t impact his shooting. Which is kind of a big if since, you know, it’s fractured.
Butler missed all of last season after a promising season with the Mavericks due to a knee injury, so missing another playoff series after so many miserable years in Washington is probably something he’s willing to live with pain to avoid. Butler’s also crucial for the Clippers’ ability to match up with Rudy Gay. Butler is the only wing that really has the skill and size to match up with the Grizzlies’ best wing player.
Still, he’s playing with a broken hand. Geez, TuffJuice. Way to live up to your name.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 2
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 7
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 36
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73