May 5, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
Butler playing could be a big swing for the Clippers. They’ve shot the ball extremely well in this series, over 50% in both games, but eventually they’re going to have a little regression to the mean. Butler can alleviate that, if the hand doesn’t impact his shooting. Which is kind of a big if since, you know, it’s fractured.
Butler missed all of last season after a promising season with the Mavericks due to a knee injury, so missing another playoff series after so many miserable years in Washington is probably something he’s willing to live with pain to avoid. Butler’s also crucial for the Clippers’ ability to match up with Rudy Gay. Butler is the only wing that really has the skill and size to match up with the Grizzlies’ best wing player.
Still, he’s playing with a broken hand. Geez, TuffJuice. Way to live up to your name.
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 4
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 30
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 10
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34