May 5, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
Butler playing could be a big swing for the Clippers. They’ve shot the ball extremely well in this series, over 50% in both games, but eventually they’re going to have a little regression to the mean. Butler can alleviate that, if the hand doesn’t impact his shooting. Which is kind of a big if since, you know, it’s fractured.
Butler missed all of last season after a promising season with the Mavericks due to a knee injury, so missing another playoff series after so many miserable years in Washington is probably something he’s willing to live with pain to avoid. Butler’s also crucial for the Clippers’ ability to match up with Rudy Gay. Butler is the only wing that really has the skill and size to match up with the Grizzlies’ best wing player.
Still, he’s playing with a broken hand. Geez, TuffJuice. Way to live up to your name.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 0
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 21
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 21
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9