May 5, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
Butler playing could be a big swing for the Clippers. They’ve shot the ball extremely well in this series, over 50% in both games, but eventually they’re going to have a little regression to the mean. Butler can alleviate that, if the hand doesn’t impact his shooting. Which is kind of a big if since, you know, it’s fractured.
Butler missed all of last season after a promising season with the Mavericks due to a knee injury, so missing another playoff series after so many miserable years in Washington is probably something he’s willing to live with pain to avoid. Butler’s also crucial for the Clippers’ ability to match up with Rudy Gay. Butler is the only wing that really has the skill and size to match up with the Grizzlies’ best wing player.
Still, he’s playing with a broken hand. Geez, TuffJuice. Way to live up to your name.
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 7
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 19
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39