May 5, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
Butler playing could be a big swing for the Clippers. They’ve shot the ball extremely well in this series, over 50% in both games, but eventually they’re going to have a little regression to the mean. Butler can alleviate that, if the hand doesn’t impact his shooting. Which is kind of a big if since, you know, it’s fractured.
Butler missed all of last season after a promising season with the Mavericks due to a knee injury, so missing another playoff series after so many miserable years in Washington is probably something he’s willing to live with pain to avoid. Butler’s also crucial for the Clippers’ ability to match up with Rudy Gay. Butler is the only wing that really has the skill and size to match up with the Grizzlies’ best wing player.
Still, he’s playing with a broken hand. Geez, TuffJuice. Way to live up to your name.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 0
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 13
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2