May 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Avery Bradley has been a huge contributor for the Celtics this season, filling in for both Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen who have missed time with injuries. He’s a dogged defender and can attack the rim with his athleticism. He’s fought a shoulder injury all season, however, and on Friday, re-injured it against the Hawks. From CSN New England:
The 6-foot-2 guard suffered a left shoulder injury in the third quarter of Boston’s Game 2 matchup with the Atlanta Hawks.
After heading back to the trainer’s room, the Celtics initially said that Bradley would return.
However, about five minutes later they said that he was done for the night.
Without Bradley, it’ll mean more minutes for Rajon Rondo at point, and Mikael Peitrus at back-up shooting guard. Ray Allen has been coming off the bench. Should Bradley be unavailable, Allen will return to the starting lineup, assuming his ankle is healthy enough after playing long minutes Friday to go in Game 4. Injuries seem to be more and more of a factor not just in this series, but in the playoffs overall.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million