May 4, 2012, 1:23 PM EDT
Not sure this really helps much, but it’s not like things are going to get worse.
Amare Stoudemire took part in drills with the Knicks Friday morning and coach Mike Woodson expects him to play in Game 4 Sunday, tweets Howard Beck at the New York Times. Woodson was able to catch passes, dunk and use the hand he tore up by smashing it into the glass casing of a fire extinguisher in Miami. The fire extinguisher won.
The Knicks are down 0-3 to the Miami Heat in the first round and the Heat’s suffocating defense is the reason. In theory having another weapon the caliber of Stoudemire on the floor will help attack a defense, but it hasn’t worked that way. This season the Knicks were six points per 100 possessions worse when ‘Melo and Amare were paired than when it was just ‘Melo. Mike Woodson’s offense flows through ‘Melo — in game 6 he had 26 shots and Stoudemire nine. Which was why he was frustrated and hit a fire extinguisher.
But at this point, it can’t hurt, can it?
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 0
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 17
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 38
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger