May 4, 2012, 7:08 PM EST
This is a real long shot, but after watching his team try to slow Rudy Gay last game Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro is good with long shots.
Del Negro said he would not rule out playing Caron Butler, the small forward with the broken hand that was supposed to be out at least another month. Here is the tweet from official Clippers reporter Madelyn Burke.
VDN says not ruling Butler out entirely for Sat, “he’s tough… He wants to play” but adds team has to be cautious, “he has a broken hand!”
Butler’s toughness has never been in question. But this is a broken hand, and even if it is not the shooting hand you’ve got to catch passes, take contact and more. It seems a long shot, even for a guy nicknamed “tough juice.”
My bet is you see Young starting in Game 3. But Del Negro would love to find a way to make it Butler.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13