May 4, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
This is a real long shot, but after watching his team try to slow Rudy Gay last game Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro is good with long shots.
Del Negro said he would not rule out playing Caron Butler, the small forward with the broken hand that was supposed to be out at least another month. Here is the tweet from official Clippers reporter Madelyn Burke.
VDN says not ruling Butler out entirely for Sat, “he’s tough… He wants to play” but adds team has to be cautious, “he has a broken hand!”
Butler’s toughness has never been in question. But this is a broken hand, and even if it is not the shooting hand you’ve got to catch passes, take contact and more. It seems a long shot, even for a guy nicknamed “tough juice.”
My bet is you see Young starting in Game 3. But Del Negro would love to find a way to make it Butler.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34