May 4, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
Ray Allen is back for Boston.
Allen is a go for Game 3, A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com confirmed it on twitter, something a number of reporters were speculating would happen after they saw Allen go through warmups.
Allen is a creature of habit — few in the NBA are more religious about their pregame shooting routine then him. It borders on OCD. Friday in Boston he went through his entire routine and even dunked at one point.
Allen has missed 11 straight games for Boston, dating back to the regular season ankle issues that evolved into bone spurs, which were causing irritation and causing swelling. He will have offseason surgery but is going to try to play through it in a crucial Game 3 against the Hawks, with the series tied 1-1.
Avery Bradley will still start and Allen will come off the bench. Don’t expect a lot of minutes out of Allen, whose conditioning will be an issue after three weeks off.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4