May 4, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
Ray Allen is back for Boston.
Allen is a go for Game 3, A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com confirmed it on twitter, something a number of reporters were speculating would happen after they saw Allen go through warmups.
Allen is a creature of habit — few in the NBA are more religious about their pregame shooting routine then him. It borders on OCD. Friday in Boston he went through his entire routine and even dunked at one point.
Allen has missed 11 straight games for Boston, dating back to the regular season ankle issues that evolved into bone spurs, which were causing irritation and causing swelling. He will have offseason surgery but is going to try to play through it in a crucial Game 3 against the Hawks, with the series tied 1-1.
Avery Bradley will still start and Allen will come off the bench. Don’t expect a lot of minutes out of Allen, whose conditioning will be an issue after three weeks off.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14