May 4, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
Ray Allen is back for Boston.
Allen is a go for Game 3, A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com confirmed it on twitter, something a number of reporters were speculating would happen after they saw Allen go through warmups.
Allen is a creature of habit — few in the NBA are more religious about their pregame shooting routine then him. It borders on OCD. Friday in Boston he went through his entire routine and even dunked at one point.
Allen has missed 11 straight games for Boston, dating back to the regular season ankle issues that evolved into bone spurs, which were causing irritation and causing swelling. He will have offseason surgery but is going to try to play through it in a crucial Game 3 against the Hawks, with the series tied 1-1.
Avery Bradley will still start and Allen will come off the bench. Don’t expect a lot of minutes out of Allen, whose conditioning will be an issue after three weeks off.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 18
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 30
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24