May 4, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
Ray Allen is back for Boston.
Allen is a go for Game 3, A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com confirmed it on twitter, something a number of reporters were speculating would happen after they saw Allen go through warmups.
Allen is a creature of habit — few in the NBA are more religious about their pregame shooting routine then him. It borders on OCD. Friday in Boston he went through his entire routine and even dunked at one point.
Allen has missed 11 straight games for Boston, dating back to the regular season ankle issues that evolved into bone spurs, which were causing irritation and causing swelling. He will have offseason surgery but is going to try to play through it in a crucial Game 3 against the Hawks, with the series tied 1-1.
Avery Bradley will still start and Allen will come off the bench. Don’t expect a lot of minutes out of Allen, whose conditioning will be an issue after three weeks off.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 0
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 21
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 21
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9