May 4, 2012, 12:04 AM EST
Sure, he’s saying what a lot of players are thinking. But you’re not supposed to say it.
If you’re an NBA team in the playoffs and someone asks you who is going to win the title you name your team. So, for example, if you’re Jerry Stackhouse and you’re asked, you pick the Hawks. That’s your team.
“I am clearly planning for Atlanta to be in the Finals — if I put on my analyst hat, however, if we are looking at the personnel and everything that’s going on during these playoffs, I have to take Miami to win it all. Miami is the favorite to come out of the East, and I’m not counting out the Lakers in the West the way Ramon Sessions and Kobe Bryant are playing.”
I bet his teammates love him for this. Is Stackhouse even picking the Hawks to get out of the first round?
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 30
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 16
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6