May 4, 2012, 12:04 AM EDT
Sure, he’s saying what a lot of players are thinking. But you’re not supposed to say it.
If you’re an NBA team in the playoffs and someone asks you who is going to win the title you name your team. So, for example, if you’re Jerry Stackhouse and you’re asked, you pick the Hawks. That’s your team.
“I am clearly planning for Atlanta to be in the Finals — if I put on my analyst hat, however, if we are looking at the personnel and everything that’s going on during these playoffs, I have to take Miami to win it all. Miami is the favorite to come out of the East, and I’m not counting out the Lakers in the West the way Ramon Sessions and Kobe Bryant are playing.”
I bet his teammates love him for this. Is Stackhouse even picking the Hawks to get out of the first round?
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 0
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 2
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 8
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 23
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7