May 4, 2012, 12:04 AM EDT
Sure, he’s saying what a lot of players are thinking. But you’re not supposed to say it.
If you’re an NBA team in the playoffs and someone asks you who is going to win the title you name your team. So, for example, if you’re Jerry Stackhouse and you’re asked, you pick the Hawks. That’s your team.
“I am clearly planning for Atlanta to be in the Finals — if I put on my analyst hat, however, if we are looking at the personnel and everything that’s going on during these playoffs, I have to take Miami to win it all. Miami is the favorite to come out of the East, and I’m not counting out the Lakers in the West the way Ramon Sessions and Kobe Bryant are playing.”
I bet his teammates love him for this. Is Stackhouse even picking the Hawks to get out of the first round?
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 76
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20