May 4, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Metta World Peace will appear on Conan O’Brien next week. He had been scheduled to appear the night the suspension came down for the elbow to James Harden‘s head, but he backed out. This is his make up.
• Andrei Kirilenko himself has now said it is “not true” that he has a deal with the Nets. Okay. I’m just saying there’s a lot of smoke for no fire.
• Carlos Delfino had sports hernia surgery Thursday, he should be out a couple of months but be ready for training camp.
• Looking at what New Jersey Nets players will be back next season.
• There is a disproportionate amount of 7-footers in the United States who make their living in the NBA.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 6
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10