May 4, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Metta World Peace will appear on Conan O’Brien next week. He had been scheduled to appear the night the suspension came down for the elbow to James Harden‘s head, but he backed out. This is his make up.
• Andrei Kirilenko himself has now said it is “not true” that he has a deal with the Nets. Okay. I’m just saying there’s a lot of smoke for no fire.
• Carlos Delfino had sports hernia surgery Thursday, he should be out a couple of months but be ready for training camp.
• Looking at what New Jersey Nets players will be back next season.
• There is a disproportionate amount of 7-footers in the United States who make their living in the NBA.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 9
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 12
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 14
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 13
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10