May 4, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Metta World Peace will appear on Conan O’Brien next week. He had been scheduled to appear the night the suspension came down for the elbow to James Harden‘s head, but he backed out. This is his make up.
• Andrei Kirilenko himself has now said it is “not true” that he has a deal with the Nets. Okay. I’m just saying there’s a lot of smoke for no fire.
• Carlos Delfino had sports hernia surgery Thursday, he should be out a couple of months but be ready for training camp.
• Looking at what New Jersey Nets players will be back next season.
• There is a disproportionate amount of 7-footers in the United States who make their living in the NBA.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90