May 3, 2012, 12:42 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• As a side note, Ray Allen may be the most OCD player in the league about his routine. And his ankle injury is throwing that off.
• And here’s a fan touching Marc Gasol’s butt. Don’t ever say PBT doesn’t bring you the most important NBA stories.
• Why have the Heat looked good so far in the playoffs? Because they have a better supporting cast — and it’s healthier than in the past — to go with the Big Three.
• After they finished the season playing their best ball, should Randy Wittman get brought back to coach the Wizards next season?
• Another report saying that injuries are not up this season, despite the perception (it is behind the ESPN pay wall). Hollinger makes a good point — if you think injuries are up in these playoffs you forgot last playoffs.
• Knicks GM Glen Grunwald was a fantastic high school basketball player derailed by knee injuries.
• What do the Pistons need in the upcoming draft? How about John Henson out of UNC?
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5