May 3, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT
There were no real last minute surprises when the NBA released its list of the 49 underclassmen from colleges who made themselves eligible for the NBA draft (17 international players also declared, we’ll look at them later). We know the big names coming out because they are ready — hello Anthony Davis — but the list also has guys coming out because their college situation wasn’t working out so they decided to try and make the leap.
The draft is June 28 and technically these people have until June 18 to pull out, per NBA rules. However, the NCAA’s deadline to take yourself out of the draft has already passed, so all the college players are in.
Here is the list, in alphabetical order.
Erik Austin (Jackson Community College, Mississippi); Harrison Barnes (North Carolina); Will Barton (Memphis); Bradley Beal (Florida); J’Covan Brown (Texas); Dominic Cheek (Villanova); Jared Cunningham (Oregon State); Anthony Davis (Kentucky); Andre Drummond (Connecticut); Dominique Ferguson (Florida International); Justin Hamilton (LSU); Moe Harkless (St. John’s); John Henson (North Carolina); John Jenkins (Vanderbilt); Perry Jones III (Baylor); Terrence Jones (Kentucky); Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Kentucky); Doron Lamb (Kentucky); Jeremy Lamb (Connecticut); Meyers Leonard (Illinois); Damian Lillard (Weber State); Kendall Marshall (North Carolina); Fab Melo (Syracuse); Khris Middleton (Texas A&M); Quincy Miller (Baylor); Tony Mitchell (Alabama); Arnett Moultrie (Mississippi State); Reeves Nelson (UCLA); Austin Rivers (Duke); Peter Roberson (Grambling State); Quincy Roberts (Grambling State); Thomas Robinson (Kansas); Terrence Ross (Washington); Avery Scharer (Shoreline Community College, Washington); Renardo Sidney (Mississippi State); Jonathon Simmons (Houston); Terrell Stoglin (Maryland); Gerardo Suero (Albany); Jared Sullinger (Ohio State); Raymond Taylor (Florida); Marquis Teague (Kentucky); Joston Thomas (Hawaii); Hollis Thompson (Georgetown); Richard Townsend-Gant (Vancouver Island University); Dion Waiters (Syracuse); Maalik Wayns (Villanova); Royce White (Iowa State); D’Angelo Williams (Notre Dame de Namur, California); Tony Wroten (Washington).
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4