May 3, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
The Cavalry will not be charging over that hill.
Stoudemire is in doubt because his hand lost a fight with the glass surrounding a fire extinguisher, which led to him having minor surgery and a lot of stitches on his hand. He sounds frustrated. He still hopes to play in Game 4 Sunday but the team is not so sure having called him doubtful, reports ESPNNewYork.com. My guess is how well the Knicks play in Game 3 without him will determine how hard they push him to return for Sunday.
Lin is kind of on his own schedule — he’s trying to push back from knee surgery and be ready earlier than expected, but you can’t rush things. He told the Associated Press that it “doesn’t look great” that he can play in Game 4.
If the Knicks don’t turn things around, it could be summer vacation after Sunday.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18