May 3, 2012, 2:38 PM EST
The Cavalry will not be charging over that hill.
Stoudemire is in doubt because his hand lost a fight with the glass surrounding a fire extinguisher, which led to him having minor surgery and a lot of stitches on his hand. He sounds frustrated. He still hopes to play in Game 4 Sunday but the team is not so sure having called him doubtful, reports ESPNNewYork.com. My guess is how well the Knicks play in Game 3 without him will determine how hard they push him to return for Sunday.
Lin is kind of on his own schedule — he’s trying to push back from knee surgery and be ready earlier than expected, but you can’t rush things. He told the Associated Press that it “doesn’t look great” that he can play in Game 4.
If the Knicks don’t turn things around, it could be summer vacation after Sunday.
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 0
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 10
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (50)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)