May 3, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
The Cavalry will not be charging over that hill.
Stoudemire is in doubt because his hand lost a fight with the glass surrounding a fire extinguisher, which led to him having minor surgery and a lot of stitches on his hand. He sounds frustrated. He still hopes to play in Game 4 Sunday but the team is not so sure having called him doubtful, reports ESPNNewYork.com. My guess is how well the Knicks play in Game 3 without him will determine how hard they push him to return for Sunday.
Lin is kind of on his own schedule — he’s trying to push back from knee surgery and be ready earlier than expected, but you can’t rush things. He told the Associated Press that it “doesn’t look great” that he can play in Game 4.
If the Knicks don’t turn things around, it could be summer vacation after Sunday.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 9
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 6
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 16
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4