May 3, 2012, 2:38 PM EST
The Cavalry will not be charging over that hill.
Stoudemire is in doubt because his hand lost a fight with the glass surrounding a fire extinguisher, which led to him having minor surgery and a lot of stitches on his hand. He sounds frustrated. He still hopes to play in Game 4 Sunday but the team is not so sure having called him doubtful, reports ESPNNewYork.com. My guess is how well the Knicks play in Game 3 without him will determine how hard they push him to return for Sunday.
Lin is kind of on his own schedule — he’s trying to push back from knee surgery and be ready earlier than expected, but you can’t rush things. He told the Associated Press that it “doesn’t look great” that he can play in Game 4.
If the Knicks don’t turn things around, it could be summer vacation after Sunday.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 9
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 13
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20