May 3, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
The Cavalry will not be charging over that hill.
Stoudemire is in doubt because his hand lost a fight with the glass surrounding a fire extinguisher, which led to him having minor surgery and a lot of stitches on his hand. He sounds frustrated. He still hopes to play in Game 4 Sunday but the team is not so sure having called him doubtful, reports ESPNNewYork.com. My guess is how well the Knicks play in Game 3 without him will determine how hard they push him to return for Sunday.
Lin is kind of on his own schedule — he’s trying to push back from knee surgery and be ready earlier than expected, but you can’t rush things. He told the Associated Press that it “doesn’t look great” that he can play in Game 4.
If the Knicks don’t turn things around, it could be summer vacation after Sunday.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 6
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 10
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31