May 3, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
NEW YORK (AP) – Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh returned to New York hours after his wife gave birth and is preparing to play in Game 3 of his team’s Eastern Conference first-round series against the Knicks on Thursday night.
Bosh left the team shortly after it arrived in New York on Wednesday night, taking a private plane back to Miami after getting word that his wife was in labor. His son – the couple’s first child – was born at 3 a.m. Thursday, said Heat coach Erik Spoelstra.
Bosh’s plane touched down in the New York area around 4:30 p.m. Thursday and he was expected to arrive at Madison Square Garden long before the 7 p.m. tipoff.
Bosh hasn’t put up huge numbers since coming to Miami, but he’s been an integral part of the team’s success — only LeBron James had a higher +/- for the Heat this season than Bosh did. Bosh will probably be underslept, but the Heat will almost certainly be thrilled to have him in the lineup for Game 3 regardless.
Obviously, that’s not the most important bit of news here — congratulations to Mr. Bosh and his wife on the birth of their son.
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 0
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28