May 3, 2012, 6:20 PM EST
NEW YORK (AP) – Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh returned to New York hours after his wife gave birth and is preparing to play in Game 3 of his team’s Eastern Conference first-round series against the Knicks on Thursday night.
Bosh left the team shortly after it arrived in New York on Wednesday night, taking a private plane back to Miami after getting word that his wife was in labor. His son – the couple’s first child – was born at 3 a.m. Thursday, said Heat coach Erik Spoelstra.
Bosh’s plane touched down in the New York area around 4:30 p.m. Thursday and he was expected to arrive at Madison Square Garden long before the 7 p.m. tipoff.
Bosh hasn’t put up huge numbers since coming to Miami, but he’s been an integral part of the team’s success — only LeBron James had a higher +/- for the Heat this season than Bosh did. Bosh will probably be underslept, but the Heat will almost certainly be thrilled to have him in the lineup for Game 3 regardless.
Obviously, that’s not the most important bit of news here — congratulations to Mr. Bosh and his wife on the birth of their son.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 9
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11