May 3, 2012, 11:16 AM EST
Told Chris Bosh will be back in NYC in time for Game 3 tonight. Bosh’s wife, Adrienne, gave birth to the couple’s child this am in Miami.
8:36 am: Chris Bosh’s wife called saying it was time and the Heat big man has flown back to Miami to be with her and his child, who was born early Thursday morning according to a tweet from Bosh’s wife.
That makes him questionable for Game 3 Thursday night in New York. The Heat have not made any decision on whether he will play or no yet.
Heat fans should not complain about this — some things are more important than a basketball game, and this is one of them. By a mile. If you are questioning him… well, your priorities are poorly ordered.
Bosh has averaged 15 points and 5 rebounds a game in the Heat’s two wins in Miami. If he misses the game, and since the Knicks will be without Amare Stoudemire, we could see some real lineup shifts for this key contest.
The Heat are up 2-0 and Game 3 is pretty much a must win for New York.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 9
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 8
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54