May 3, 2012, 11:16 AM EST
Told Chris Bosh will be back in NYC in time for Game 3 tonight. Bosh’s wife, Adrienne, gave birth to the couple’s child this am in Miami.
8:36 am: Chris Bosh’s wife called saying it was time and the Heat big man has flown back to Miami to be with her and his child, who was born early Thursday morning according to a tweet from Bosh’s wife.
That makes him questionable for Game 3 Thursday night in New York. The Heat have not made any decision on whether he will play or no yet.
Heat fans should not complain about this — some things are more important than a basketball game, and this is one of them. By a mile. If you are questioning him… well, your priorities are poorly ordered.
Bosh has averaged 15 points and 5 rebounds a game in the Heat’s two wins in Miami. If he misses the game, and since the Knicks will be without Amare Stoudemire, we could see some real lineup shifts for this key contest.
The Heat are up 2-0 and Game 3 is pretty much a must win for New York.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1