May 3, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
Told Chris Bosh will be back in NYC in time for Game 3 tonight. Bosh’s wife, Adrienne, gave birth to the couple’s child this am in Miami.
8:36 am: Chris Bosh’s wife called saying it was time and the Heat big man has flown back to Miami to be with her and his child, who was born early Thursday morning according to a tweet from Bosh’s wife.
That makes him questionable for Game 3 Thursday night in New York. The Heat have not made any decision on whether he will play or no yet.
Heat fans should not complain about this — some things are more important than a basketball game, and this is one of them. By a mile. If you are questioning him… well, your priorities are poorly ordered.
Bosh has averaged 15 points and 5 rebounds a game in the Heat’s two wins in Miami. If he misses the game, and since the Knicks will be without Amare Stoudemire, we could see some real lineup shifts for this key contest.
The Heat are up 2-0 and Game 3 is pretty much a must win for New York.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 9
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4