May 3, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
Told Chris Bosh will be back in NYC in time for Game 3 tonight. Bosh’s wife, Adrienne, gave birth to the couple’s child this am in Miami.
8:36 am: Chris Bosh’s wife called saying it was time and the Heat big man has flown back to Miami to be with her and his child, who was born early Thursday morning according to a tweet from Bosh’s wife.
That makes him questionable for Game 3 Thursday night in New York. The Heat have not made any decision on whether he will play or no yet.
Heat fans should not complain about this — some things are more important than a basketball game, and this is one of them. By a mile. If you are questioning him… well, your priorities are poorly ordered.
Bosh has averaged 15 points and 5 rebounds a game in the Heat’s two wins in Miami. If he misses the game, and since the Knicks will be without Amare Stoudemire, we could see some real lineup shifts for this key contest.
The Heat are up 2-0 and Game 3 is pretty much a must win for New York.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43