May 2, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
After Dwyane Wade broke his nose in the All-Star Game, Kobe Bryant wore a mask for a couple weeks. He hated it. He had some good games with it on, but hated it. Said it felt like playing in a sauna. Tried a few different looks and styles, but was happy to ditch the thing as fast as he could.
Now a piece of molded plastic that has a lot of Kobe Bryant’s sweat on it can be yours — and you’ll help a charity at the same time.
Now that mask is being auctioned on eBay with all the proceeds benefiting the Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation Youth Homelessness Initiative.
As of Wednesday morning there had been 38 bids with $2,550 now the number to top. (Thanks to Yardbarker for the auction assist.)
The auction goes on for another six days.
So here is your chance to own a sweaty piece of plastic that touched Kobe Bryant’s face. You should display it on your mantle, next to those photos of your children.
But at least if you get it your money will go to do some good.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 0
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 4
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8