May 2, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
After Dwyane Wade broke his nose in the All-Star Game, Kobe Bryant wore a mask for a couple weeks. He hated it. He had some good games with it on, but hated it. Said it felt like playing in a sauna. Tried a few different looks and styles, but was happy to ditch the thing as fast as he could.
Now a piece of molded plastic that has a lot of Kobe Bryant’s sweat on it can be yours — and you’ll help a charity at the same time.
Now that mask is being auctioned on eBay with all the proceeds benefiting the Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation Youth Homelessness Initiative.
As of Wednesday morning there had been 38 bids with $2,550 now the number to top. (Thanks to Yardbarker for the auction assist.)
The auction goes on for another six days.
So here is your chance to own a sweaty piece of plastic that touched Kobe Bryant’s face. You should display it on your mantle, next to those photos of your children.
But at least if you get it your money will go to do some good.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30