May 2, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Bird/Magic Broadway play will close after 52 nights.
• Michael Beasley says his offseason plan is to “Shoot a zillion jump shots a day, dribble a million minutes a day.” So we can say math is not his strong suit. Also, you expecting follow through on this? By the way, the Timberwolves are not bringing him back.
• The Spurs run some beautiful offensive actions, the “weak” set is one of them.
• Look for the Bucks to add some size to the roster this summer. (The problem is 29 other teams are saying the same thing.)
• Maryland guard Terrell Stoglin has declared for the NBA draft. He did it because he was hit with a one year suspension, but he will likely go undrafted.
• Fox Searchlight is going to make a movie about basketball wives.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 8
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73