May 2, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• The Bird/Magic Broadway play will close after 52 nights.
• Michael Beasley says his offseason plan is to “Shoot a zillion jump shots a day, dribble a million minutes a day.” So we can say math is not his strong suit. Also, you expecting follow through on this? By the way, the Timberwolves are not bringing him back.
• The Spurs run some beautiful offensive actions, the “weak” set is one of them.
• Look for the Bucks to add some size to the roster this summer. (The problem is 29 other teams are saying the same thing.)
• Maryland guard Terrell Stoglin has declared for the NBA draft. He did it because he was hit with a one year suspension, but he will likely go undrafted.
• Fox Searchlight is going to make a movie about basketball wives.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 29
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9