Video: Paul Pierce does “Tebow” after sinking Atlanta

May 2, 2012, 1:10 AM EDT

Great news — doing the “Tebow” pose is not a dead craze!

Paul Pierce did it after a pair of free throws that were key to the Celtics beating Atlanta — I’m not sure you can have dagger free throws but if you can that is what they look like. The Celtics went on to beat the Atlanta Hawks and with that even the series at 1-1.

Which means even more games for Pierce and maybe more Tebow moments.

1. edweird0 - May 2, 2012 at 1:21 AM

As much as I hate pierce, I love him for this. Too funny!

2. storebrandcookies - May 2, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Paul Pierce, You-Da Man!

3. rushbacker - May 2, 2012 at 1:55 AM

“Tebowing,” please. Not “doing the Tebow.” That just sounds bad.

4. lucidsportsfan - May 2, 2012 at 5:13 AM

I’m way more impressed with his 14 rebounds. Gritty win for the old guys in green http://www.lucidsportsfan.com/2012_04_29_archive.html#7488653435598577839

5. omniusprime - May 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Another moronic athlete Teblowing, yet another reason to detest Pierce aside from being a Celtic and a total jerk. Another sorry attempt by Kurt Helin to suck up to the Teblow Morons for some popularity. Sorry but this garbage is not newsworthy, stick to reporting about the games not the hijinks afterwards. Thankfully Kobe and the Lakers don’t do this childish nonsense! Guess Pierce better get one in before the ancient Celtics get beat in round one.

• rushbacker - May 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM

You mad, bro?

6. omniusprime - May 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM

You know when guys do the Teblow they look like they’re trying to take a dump but are too stupid to know where the toilet bowl is!

• andyhr17 - May 2, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I’m not sure how you take a dump, but you’re obviously doing it wrong.

• p1nch3dloaf - May 2, 2012 at 10:27 PM

…maybe he likes to dribble between the legs:)

7. mistercharitystripe34 - May 2, 2012 at 10:58 AM

This guy is as clutch a player as you can find. When his team needs him the most, he responds accordingly. When I played ball in HS and college, I always tried to pattern myself around Pierce’s all-around solid game.

I love his mentality in crunch-time though. Let me get the ball 13-15 feet away and post you up to my sweet spot.

8. afirst916 - May 2, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Then he did the running man off the floor and screamed “You are the weakest link, goodbye!”

9. bozosforall - May 2, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Lame…just like the Boston fan base.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches