May 2, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
There were questions about whether Grizzlies guard and defensive stopper Tony Allen would be available for Game 2 against the Clippers after he missed practice Tuesday and went to a doctor to have his knee looked at.
But he is good to go, according to the Commercial Appeal. He told Grizzlies play-by-play broadcaster Pete Pranica there are “no limitations.”
The Grizzlies need him, and they need to get out there and shake off their collapse and loss to the Clippers in Game 1. This game will almost certainly be closer, and the Grizzlies cannot go out to Los Angeles down 0-2.
Allen will be a big part of that, expect him to get more time on Chris Paul defensively late, and they are going to need a key shot or two down the stretch on kickouts. Allen could be that guy.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10