May 2, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
There were questions about whether Grizzlies guard and defensive stopper Tony Allen would be available for Game 2 against the Clippers after he missed practice Tuesday and went to a doctor to have his knee looked at.
But he is good to go, according to the Commercial Appeal. He told Grizzlies play-by-play broadcaster Pete Pranica there are “no limitations.”
The Grizzlies need him, and they need to get out there and shake off their collapse and loss to the Clippers in Game 1. This game will almost certainly be closer, and the Grizzlies cannot go out to Los Angeles down 0-2.
Allen will be a big part of that, expect him to get more time on Chris Paul defensively late, and they are going to need a key shot or two down the stretch on kickouts. Allen could be that guy.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23