May 2, 2012, 5:38 PM EST
The Jazz are mapping a more physical game plan for All-Star Tony Parker after the Spurs point guard shredded them for 28 points in Game 1. Jazz point guard Devin Harris said his counterpart will likely be in for a ”hard foul or two” after Parker slashed into Utah’s big and bruising frontcourt without hesitation.
It wasn’t tough talk from Harris, who had complimented Parker in the same breath. Jazz center Al Jefferson said the goal was ”not to hurt him or nothing like that,” but rather to dissuade Parker from barreling into the paint and punishing Utah with either an acrobatic layup or kicking out to a 3-point shooter.
”The playoffs is physical. We just can’t let him feel like he can come down in that paint any time he ready,” Jefferson said.
Parker brushed off the warning Tuesday. He’s heard worse.
”It’s not the first time someone has said that,” Parker said. ”My answer is always going to be the same: I’m going to keep coming.”
Parker torched the Jazz for 28 points on 10-19 shooting and 8 assists in San Antonio’s 106-91 defeat of the Jazz in Game 1. Parker is clearly the “head of the snake” for San Antonio’s offense right now, and the Jazz will have to slow him down in tonight’s Game 2 if they want to have any chance of evening up the series before it goes to Salt Lake City. As NBA fans, all we can hope is that the Jazz don’t cross the line with Parker when they try to muscle him up and cause another injury in a playoffs that has already seen to many of them.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 9
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 12
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 20
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 7
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18