May 2, 2012, 9:34 PM EDT
The Suns already have a center — Marcin Gortat will get the bulk of the minutes at the five next year.
But that doesn’t mean they are letting Robin Lopez walk.
Suns president Lon Babby was talking with the media on Wednesday and when the topic of restricted free agent Lopez came up, this was said, according to a tweet from Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.
Babby said it is “quite likely if not certain” that the Suns will match any offer on restricted free agent Robin Lopez.
That doesn’t mean Lopez is unavailable, it means you are going to have to overpay or trade to get him. The latter of those could happen.
But Babby is trying to scare off free agent suitors.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31