May 2, 2012, 9:34 PM EST
The Suns already have a center — Marcin Gortat will get the bulk of the minutes at the five next year.
But that doesn’t mean they are letting Robin Lopez walk.
Suns president Lon Babby was talking with the media on Wednesday and when the topic of restricted free agent Lopez came up, this was said, according to a tweet from Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.
Babby said it is “quite likely if not certain” that the Suns will match any offer on restricted free agent Robin Lopez.
That doesn’t mean Lopez is unavailable, it means you are going to have to overpay or trade to get him. The latter of those could happen.
But Babby is trying to scare off free agent suitors.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 3
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 31
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)