May 2, 2012, 9:34 PM EST
The Suns already have a center — Marcin Gortat will get the bulk of the minutes at the five next year.
But that doesn’t mean they are letting Robin Lopez walk.
Suns president Lon Babby was talking with the media on Wednesday and when the topic of restricted free agent Lopez came up, this was said, according to a tweet from Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.
Babby said it is “quite likely if not certain” that the Suns will match any offer on restricted free agent Robin Lopez.
That doesn’t mean Lopez is unavailable, it means you are going to have to overpay or trade to get him. The latter of those could happen.
But Babby is trying to scare off free agent suitors.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13