May 2, 2012, 9:34 PM EDT
The Suns already have a center — Marcin Gortat will get the bulk of the minutes at the five next year.
But that doesn’t mean they are letting Robin Lopez walk.
Suns president Lon Babby was talking with the media on Wednesday and when the topic of restricted free agent Lopez came up, this was said, according to a tweet from Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.
Babby said it is “quite likely if not certain” that the Suns will match any offer on restricted free agent Robin Lopez.
That doesn’t mean Lopez is unavailable, it means you are going to have to overpay or trade to get him. The latter of those could happen.
But Babby is trying to scare off free agent suitors.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43