May 1, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
Knicks center Tyson Chandler to be named NBA Defensive Player of the Year tomorrow at team practice facility, source tells YahooSports.
No reason to doubt this is true.
Chandler was the anchor of what became a good defense in New York (even under Mike D’Antoni this season). His ability to control the paint and block or alter shots, covering for sins on the perimeter, let the Knicks get away with playing some questionable defensive lineups. Like any time Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire were paired.
Chandler was the MVP of the Knicks this season and they don’t even make the playoffs without him. He deserves this award.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 19
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 17
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80