May 1, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
Knicks center Tyson Chandler to be named NBA Defensive Player of the Year tomorrow at team practice facility, source tells YahooSports.
No reason to doubt this is true.
Chandler was the anchor of what became a good defense in New York (even under Mike D’Antoni this season). His ability to control the paint and block or alter shots, covering for sins on the perimeter, let the Knicks get away with playing some questionable defensive lineups. Like any time Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire were paired.
Chandler was the MVP of the Knicks this season and they don’t even make the playoffs without him. He deserves this award.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90