May 1, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
Knicks center Tyson Chandler to be named NBA Defensive Player of the Year tomorrow at team practice facility, source tells YahooSports.
No reason to doubt this is true.
Chandler was the anchor of what became a good defense in New York (even under Mike D’Antoni this season). His ability to control the paint and block or alter shots, covering for sins on the perimeter, let the Knicks get away with playing some questionable defensive lineups. Like any time Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire were paired.
Chandler was the MVP of the Knicks this season and they don’t even make the playoffs without him. He deserves this award.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 14
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 12
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 14
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 13
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10