May 1, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
Knicks center Tyson Chandler to be named NBA Defensive Player of the Year tomorrow at team practice facility, source tells YahooSports.
No reason to doubt this is true.
Chandler was the anchor of what became a good defense in New York (even under Mike D’Antoni this season). His ability to control the paint and block or alter shots, covering for sins on the perimeter, let the Knicks get away with playing some questionable defensive lineups. Like any time Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire were paired.
Chandler was the MVP of the Knicks this season and they don’t even make the playoffs without him. He deserves this award.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49