May 1, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
Good news for Amar’e: no ligament or tendon damage in his left hand, according to Knicks source. Out for Game 3 and likely series
For Knicks fans angry and ready to ship Stoudemire out of town, this is still good news. You are going to have a hard enough time trying to move a max deal where you couldn’t get insurance because of his injury history, you don’t need torn hand ligaments on top of it all.
The Knicks head home for Game 3 down 0-2 to the Heat and really they need to win both games at the Garden to have a shot in this series. Some Knicks fans are trying to sell that the Knicks are better without Stoudemire on the floor — and the numbers say they are, especially when Woodson has tried to play Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony together. But there are a whole lot of variables in that equation that are not the same. And the biggest may be the Heat defense.
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20