May 1, 2012, 3:27 PM EST
Good news for Amar’e: no ligament or tendon damage in his left hand, according to Knicks source. Out for Game 3 and likely series
For Knicks fans angry and ready to ship Stoudemire out of town, this is still good news. You are going to have a hard enough time trying to move a max deal where you couldn’t get insurance because of his injury history, you don’t need torn hand ligaments on top of it all.
The Knicks head home for Game 3 down 0-2 to the Heat and really they need to win both games at the Garden to have a shot in this series. Some Knicks fans are trying to sell that the Knicks are better without Stoudemire on the floor — and the numbers say they are, especially when Woodson has tried to play Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony together. But there are a whole lot of variables in that equation that are not the same. And the biggest may be the Heat defense.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42