May 1, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
Good news for Amar’e: no ligament or tendon damage in his left hand, according to Knicks source. Out for Game 3 and likely series
For Knicks fans angry and ready to ship Stoudemire out of town, this is still good news. You are going to have a hard enough time trying to move a max deal where you couldn’t get insurance because of his injury history, you don’t need torn hand ligaments on top of it all.
The Knicks head home for Game 3 down 0-2 to the Heat and really they need to win both games at the Garden to have a shot in this series. Some Knicks fans are trying to sell that the Knicks are better without Stoudemire on the floor — and the numbers say they are, especially when Woodson has tried to play Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony together. But there are a whole lot of variables in that equation that are not the same. And the biggest may be the Heat defense.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6