May 1, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
Good news for Amar’e: no ligament or tendon damage in his left hand, according to Knicks source. Out for Game 3 and likely series
For Knicks fans angry and ready to ship Stoudemire out of town, this is still good news. You are going to have a hard enough time trying to move a max deal where you couldn’t get insurance because of his injury history, you don’t need torn hand ligaments on top of it all.
The Knicks head home for Game 3 down 0-2 to the Heat and really they need to win both games at the Garden to have a shot in this series. Some Knicks fans are trying to sell that the Knicks are better without Stoudemire on the floor — and the numbers say they are, especially when Woodson has tried to play Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony together. But there are a whole lot of variables in that equation that are not the same. And the biggest may be the Heat defense.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17