May 1, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
Good news for Amar’e: no ligament or tendon damage in his left hand, according to Knicks source. Out for Game 3 and likely series
For Knicks fans angry and ready to ship Stoudemire out of town, this is still good news. You are going to have a hard enough time trying to move a max deal where you couldn’t get insurance because of his injury history, you don’t need torn hand ligaments on top of it all.
The Knicks head home for Game 3 down 0-2 to the Heat and really they need to win both games at the Garden to have a shot in this series. Some Knicks fans are trying to sell that the Knicks are better without Stoudemire on the floor — and the numbers say they are, especially when Woodson has tried to play Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony together. But there are a whole lot of variables in that equation that are not the same. And the biggest may be the Heat defense.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 9
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71