May 1, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
Maybe you noticed it Monday night, LeBron’s custom mouthpiece. There is a screen grab to the right (courtesy SLAM) of his message.
For those of you who only think of Roman numerals when trying to figure out what number Super Bowl we are up to, that is 16. The number of playoff wins needed to win the NBA championship.
“You pay attention,” James said to a reporter. “It’s just inspirational. I know this is the biggest part of the season, the second part of the season, so it’s just an inspiration for me.”
I’m surprised Mark Cuban has not suggested selling advertising on players’ mouthpieces…
The Heat are down to 14 wins remaining as they took the first two games from the Knicks in the first round. But there is a long, long road still to go for LeBron and his teammates to live up to that number.
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 0
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8