May 1, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
Maybe you noticed it Monday night, LeBron’s custom mouthpiece. There is a screen grab to the right (courtesy SLAM) of his message.
For those of you who only think of Roman numerals when trying to figure out what number Super Bowl we are up to, that is 16. The number of playoff wins needed to win the NBA championship.
“You pay attention,” James said to a reporter. “It’s just inspirational. I know this is the biggest part of the season, the second part of the season, so it’s just an inspiration for me.”
I’m surprised Mark Cuban has not suggested selling advertising on players’ mouthpieces…
The Heat are down to 14 wins remaining as they took the first two games from the Knicks in the first round. But there is a long, long road still to go for LeBron and his teammates to live up to that number.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17