May 1, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
Maybe you noticed it Monday night, LeBron’s custom mouthpiece. There is a screen grab to the right (courtesy SLAM) of his message.
For those of you who only think of Roman numerals when trying to figure out what number Super Bowl we are up to, that is 16. The number of playoff wins needed to win the NBA championship.
“You pay attention,” James said to a reporter. “It’s just inspirational. I know this is the biggest part of the season, the second part of the season, so it’s just an inspiration for me.”
I’m surprised Mark Cuban has not suggested selling advertising on players’ mouthpieces…
The Heat are down to 14 wins remaining as they took the first two games from the Knicks in the first round. But there is a long, long road still to go for LeBron and his teammates to live up to that number.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 9
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3