May 1, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
Tony Allen is key to the Memphis Grizzlies against the Los Angeles Clippers — he spent little time guarding Chris Paul in Game 1, but you can bet as games go forward he will be a key part of their late-game defense (which had a few issues in Game 1, but not nearly as many their late game offense).
Allen missed practice Tuesday so he could go see a doctor about his knee, tweets Chris Herrington of the Memphis Flyer.
Lionel hollins just said that tony allen missed practice to have his knee looked at by a doctor. No word on availability for tomorrow.
We have no idea the severity here, but it bothers him enough for a doctor to be taking a look.
No Allen would hurt the Grizzlies depth, it would deprive them of a guy who has come up big in the playoffs before. Allen was not a standout in Game 1 (6 points) but was going to have to have some big games if the Grizzlies are to come back in this series.
We will update you when we know more.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23