May 1, 2012, 4:11 PM EST
Tony Allen is key to the Memphis Grizzlies against the Los Angeles Clippers — he spent little time guarding Chris Paul in Game 1, but you can bet as games go forward he will be a key part of their late-game defense (which had a few issues in Game 1, but not nearly as many their late game offense).
Allen missed practice Tuesday so he could go see a doctor about his knee, tweets Chris Herrington of the Memphis Flyer.
Lionel hollins just said that tony allen missed practice to have his knee looked at by a doctor. No word on availability for tomorrow.
We have no idea the severity here, but it bothers him enough for a doctor to be taking a look.
No Allen would hurt the Grizzlies depth, it would deprive them of a guy who has come up big in the playoffs before. Allen was not a standout in Game 1 (6 points) but was going to have to have some big games if the Grizzlies are to come back in this series.
We will update you when we know more.
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 2
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5
- Kobe Bryant passes 32,000 career points milestone 6