May 1, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
Tony Allen is key to the Memphis Grizzlies against the Los Angeles Clippers — he spent little time guarding Chris Paul in Game 1, but you can bet as games go forward he will be a key part of their late-game defense (which had a few issues in Game 1, but not nearly as many their late game offense).
Allen missed practice Tuesday so he could go see a doctor about his knee, tweets Chris Herrington of the Memphis Flyer.
Lionel hollins just said that tony allen missed practice to have his knee looked at by a doctor. No word on availability for tomorrow.
We have no idea the severity here, but it bothers him enough for a doctor to be taking a look.
No Allen would hurt the Grizzlies depth, it would deprive them of a guy who has come up big in the playoffs before. Allen was not a standout in Game 1 (6 points) but was going to have to have some big games if the Grizzlies are to come back in this series.
We will update you when we know more.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 4
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25