May 1, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
Tony Allen is key to the Memphis Grizzlies against the Los Angeles Clippers — he spent little time guarding Chris Paul in Game 1, but you can bet as games go forward he will be a key part of their late-game defense (which had a few issues in Game 1, but not nearly as many their late game offense).
Allen missed practice Tuesday so he could go see a doctor about his knee, tweets Chris Herrington of the Memphis Flyer.
Lionel hollins just said that tony allen missed practice to have his knee looked at by a doctor. No word on availability for tomorrow.
We have no idea the severity here, but it bothers him enough for a doctor to be taking a look.
No Allen would hurt the Grizzlies depth, it would deprive them of a guy who has come up big in the playoffs before. Allen was not a standout in Game 1 (6 points) but was going to have to have some big games if the Grizzlies are to come back in this series.
We will update you when we know more.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25