May 1, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
Tony Allen is key to the Memphis Grizzlies against the Los Angeles Clippers — he spent little time guarding Chris Paul in Game 1, but you can bet as games go forward he will be a key part of their late-game defense (which had a few issues in Game 1, but not nearly as many their late game offense).
Allen missed practice Tuesday so he could go see a doctor about his knee, tweets Chris Herrington of the Memphis Flyer.
Lionel hollins just said that tony allen missed practice to have his knee looked at by a doctor. No word on availability for tomorrow.
We have no idea the severity here, but it bothers him enough for a doctor to be taking a look.
No Allen would hurt the Grizzlies depth, it would deprive them of a guy who has come up big in the playoffs before. Allen was not a standout in Game 1 (6 points) but was going to have to have some big games if the Grizzlies are to come back in this series.
We will update you when we know more.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 49
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 46
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7