Apr 30, 2012, 1:02 PM EST
The students at the historic Stuyvesant High School in New York knew who they wanted as their graduation speaker — Jeremy Lin. He’s the idol of the smart set in New York now. And this is a pretty big honor as Stuyvesant is a New York public school known for the math and science but has also turned out legends like and actors Lucy Liu and Tim Robbins. And Paul Reiser but we’ll forgive them that one.
Lin, however, didn’t really have time to do that. He’s working hard to get back for the last couple games of the Heat ousting the Knicks in the first round of the playoffs.
But he did put together the video above, which is a nice mix off actual advice and him having some fun. Way better than him giving a speech behind a podium while wearing a robe.
Thanks to NBCNewYork.com for pointing us to this.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14