Apr 30, 2012, 1:52 PM EST
How did the Clippers do it? They went on a 28-3 run to close out Sunday night’s game and steal a dramatic 99-98 win over the Memphis Grizzlies. If you want to see how they did it, above you can see all the baskets of that run. There are some easy buckets inside and Nick Young raining down threes.
Memphis slipped on defense, but the bigger problem was their offense disapeared — they stopped pounding the ball inside with Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph, and the good looks they did get they just missed. It snowballed. And every miss fueled the Clippers, who to the credit of the young team did not roll over.
We thought going in this would be the best series of the first round, but who saw this coming?
Hat tip to Eye on Basketball.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18