Apr 30, 2012, 1:52 PM EDT
How did the Clippers do it? They went on a 28-3 run to close out Sunday night’s game and steal a dramatic 99-98 win over the Memphis Grizzlies. If you want to see how they did it, above you can see all the baskets of that run. There are some easy buckets inside and Nick Young raining down threes.
Memphis slipped on defense, but the bigger problem was their offense disapeared — they stopped pounding the ball inside with Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph, and the good looks they did get they just missed. It snowballed. And every miss fueled the Clippers, who to the credit of the young team did not roll over.
We thought going in this would be the best series of the first round, but who saw this coming?
Hat tip to Eye on Basketball.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30