Apr 30, 2012, 3:22 PM EDT
After leading a Bobcats team to the worst winning percentage in NBA history, the Charlotte Bobcats announced they are not bringing back coach Paul Silas, team president Rod Higgens said.
Yes, real shocker there.
Charlotte went 7-59 under Silas last season, and while he certainly deserves some blame the fact is that owner Michael Jordan could have brought John Wooden back from the dead and had Phil Jackson as his assistant and this team would not have won many games. The Bobcats moved guys like Raymond Felton, Gerald Wallace and Tyson Chandler off the roster in recent years and went into this season counting on Corey Maggette and Boris Diaw to give them key minutes. Maggette was hurt much of the season and Diaw was out of shape and a waste. The result was hoping rookies Kemba Walker and Bismack Biyombo could carry the team. They couldn’t.
The next question — who can they get to coach this team? This is a small market with an owner in Michael Jordan that is not going to really spend, plus this is a terrible roster. Someone may take it as a first job, but veteran coaches will be hesitant.
Good luck Jordan.
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 1
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 33
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 15
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 36
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'