Apr 29, 2012, 10:55 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo has the right to be frustrated with this call by referee Marc Davis, it was a bad call. All the Celtics should be frustrated with their team’s play Sunday in a loss in Game 1.
But you cannot bump an official. Ever. Under any circumstances.
Rondo said after the game that he didn’t mean to bump the official, that he thought Davis would keep walking. Watch the video, decide for yourself. I don’t buy it.
Rondo first claps his hands in front of the official, to get a tech, then bumps Davis. He was instantly ejected. That also likely means a suspension for Game 2. Which is a big game for the Celtics now, they don’t want to go down 0-2.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 0
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 3
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 27
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32