Apr 29, 2012, 10:55 PM EST
Rajon Rondo has the right to be frustrated with this call by referee Marc Davis, it was a bad call. All the Celtics should be frustrated with their team’s play Sunday in a loss in Game 1.
But you cannot bump an official. Ever. Under any circumstances.
Rondo said after the game that he didn’t mean to bump the official, that he thought Davis would keep walking. Watch the video, decide for yourself. I don’t buy it.
Rondo first claps his hands in front of the official, to get a tech, then bumps Davis. He was instantly ejected. That also likely means a suspension for Game 2. Which is a big game for the Celtics now, they don’t want to go down 0-2.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 49
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5