Apr 29, 2012, 10:55 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo has the right to be frustrated with this call by referee Marc Davis, it was a bad call. All the Celtics should be frustrated with their team’s play Sunday in a loss in Game 1.
But you cannot bump an official. Ever. Under any circumstances.
Rondo said after the game that he didn’t mean to bump the official, that he thought Davis would keep walking. Watch the video, decide for yourself. I don’t buy it.
Rondo first claps his hands in front of the official, to get a tech, then bumps Davis. He was instantly ejected. That also likely means a suspension for Game 2. Which is a big game for the Celtics now, they don’t want to go down 0-2.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21