Apr 29, 2012, 10:55 PM EDT
Rajon Rondo has the right to be frustrated with this call by referee Marc Davis, it was a bad call. All the Celtics should be frustrated with their team’s play Sunday in a loss in Game 1.
But you cannot bump an official. Ever. Under any circumstances.
Rondo said after the game that he didn’t mean to bump the official, that he thought Davis would keep walking. Watch the video, decide for yourself. I don’t buy it.
Rondo first claps his hands in front of the official, to get a tech, then bumps Davis. He was instantly ejected. That also likely means a suspension for Game 2. Which is a big game for the Celtics now, they don’t want to go down 0-2.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 0
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 39
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 30
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91